Is it time to move away from Coin for good?

I am following Coin users/community requests for quite sometime and even I am waiting for many of the features to be implemented myself. But will it happen anytime soon? The standard reply we get back is “very soon”, “soon”, and similar responses. All resulted in broken promises and expectations.

Zerodha is getting comfortable these days and expecting free money and to be honest I don’t mind paying ~Rs.1100 / year if the features were there. But Zerodha is too lazy for it now and not worth it anymore.

So I am 99% made up my mind to move to https://kuvera.in. They have

• Real SIP
  • STP
  • SWP
  • Goal based tracking
  • No sent as lump sum non-sense or excuse
  • Almost all funds are available because it is true SIP - especially SBI Small Cap & Reliance Small Cap funds
  • Better response to community - basically respecting users’ requests and not taking them for granted (unlike Zerodha)
  • No DEMAT non-sense - freedom of movement
  • No DEMAT withdrawal charges - think in a case if you want to do daily or weekly STP from a liquid fund to a desired fund
  • Free - putting it in the last - because not a deal breaker, but given all this they are free

Did any thing change in over last 8 to 12 months in Coin portal? AFAIK - NOTHING !!

Do Zerodha Team have a convincing reason to make me stay with Zerodha Coin for MFs other than “soon” and “really soon” ?

@Others - What do you think? Is it time to move away from Coin for good? Waited so long…

Thanks,
Unsatisfied Coin User

4 Likes

If you aren’t satisfied, just move on.

Why is that people who want to move elsewhere, make an elaborate post, post about other companies and make an announcement that they want to leave?

2 Likes

looks good option.

1 Like

Although I love the conveniences of keeping everything in Demat mode but I think the charge Rs. 59/- per month or Rs. 708/- per year (GST included) is very steep. A simple calculation reveals the fact, if we start a SIP of Rs. 59/- per month, my accumulated amount will be Rs. 16441/- after 10 years, assuming interest/growth rate is 15%. And if we adjust for inflation of 6% then our corpus will be Rs. 11503/-, still a significant amount.

Like @SiriSiri mentioned I am trying to express my thoughts / concerns and seeing what the community’s opinions are -

1 Like

@someone no offense, but I see many such posts about “leaving”, quitting etc…
Most of those kind of posts, are here to sell other products, popularize other platforms.

I come to know kuvera is free. Then how they are/will make money to run the platform?
How come anyone can be sure, they are not selling the user data?

Looks like Zerodha is launching coin app, which I am sure would be good enough.

If anyone is investing in “mutual fund” alone they are well off investing via AMC websites. If one is having a stock portfolio and mfs, then this is good.

@rj07 none taken :slight_smile: I am using Zerodha for last one year. As a stock broker they are pretty good but not as MF platform. The issue is escalating because of unreasonable wait times and broken expectations.

The point is not about selling data. Anyone can sell data - at max what will happen is people crib for few weeks if they come to know but your investments are still there - the end result is that.

How sure are you that Zerodha is not selling your data and just to cool you off / divert they are charging 50 per month and making double profit? I have seen posts saying - as soon as they register Zerodha account they are getting stock tip SMSes :confused:

1 Like

@SiriSiri Please read the community guidelines and refrain from promoting other platforms. thanks.