Is it true? Paytm Money will introduce trading in equities and derivatives?

Repeating two months.

From an investors point of view- everything the govt does looks suspicious. For instance, the govt is unable to fund a large number of its programs having wasted a lot of it on non-productive purchases. They are scrambling for cash through sovereign gold bonds, tax terrorism, disinvestment, privatization, electoral bonds, demonetization and so on. They are unable to pay gst money they owe to states, they might have swindled state owned insurance pool money. So all arguments are logical and in someways a cautionary advice and its got nothing to with one govt over the other, all this makes me believe that govt affiliated corporate entities are being disingenuous. For long term investors their capital is secure as long as the govt remains, if some other govt arrives then their capital will be wiped out as soon as the reality of their performance sets in.So never trust entities that have close ties with the govt.

1 Like

IT would very cool if company which already offering some financial services will also put that thing as needed anyway for so many things. I do not recommend you to get going there totally and completely. How else you could possibly be getting there.

2 Likes

Yes , I will move from zerodha to PAYTM , this month last they will start , in zerodha OI restriction is irritated us , I think paytm will be next no 1 broker in india , in zerodha everything as slow , for example USA investing platform they told CNBC 2 years back not yet still arrived , these thing i dont like n zerodha

well i donā€™t think the question will be who is fast and who is slow because brokers like fyers are more advanced with their product offering then zerodha in present time, but i think question for traderā€™s always will be should i put my money in broker who is debt free or with one whose balance sheet is in lossā€¦ just my thoughtā€¦

3 Likes

https://www.livemint.com/market/stock-market-news/paytm-money-stock-trading-features-charges-account-opening-process-11596853555355.html - 10 rs per orderā€¦ will be interesting to see how things span out in the coming days!

The trust that zerodha has built will be difficult to compete. Even if someone offers 0 brokerage intraday buy and sell i would still prefer zerodha than anyone else. @nithin love u bro

Takes few years to get into track for paytm in capital markets. There is a lot to built from their end. Alot! For a while traders will play with their incentives i guess.

I would have tried them only it they offered zero brokerageā€¦ And i would try them after they are in industry for couple of years and when they are capable to manage High userbase without any glitchesā€¦

paytm is charging 10 rupees only per order , but the upcoming features are very fast , but zerodha is very slow to implement in margin funding , etc , but anyway i will consider to trade on paytm to try the platform if its ok then we can trade for brokerage purpose as i can save 50 % brokerage

@siva reduce the brokerage to 10 rupees per order, there is lot of option is available in the market , but why you are not considering

Nithin explained on multiple threads already, anyhow in brief, we charge zero for equity delivery, mfs etc so as a company we also need to make money some where right. Fno and intraday comes with risk for every order so we need to charge it and also should build net worth to take on any black swan event, for ex: we lost more than 10cr in crude alone on one day why it went negative, few small brokers were wiped out along with client funds so a company generating profits and adding more networth is a important factor for a client while choosing a broker. From last 10 years we didnā€™t increased any. Also if someone is offering 10 or 5 or 1 rs still people are trading with us right, so game is not charging less anymore, it is products/features/support etc. Best product wins.

2 Likes

I think zerodha should build seperate platform for options.

Or change the way to trade options. Why do we have to add single option for different strike price seperately ?

When they offer this to their 20L + Customers, thats 5 -8 Years of work for any broker in one shot. They are scaling up big time. but with less of taste for building core systems, as far as i know it from the inside.

PAYTM are rocking customer base . smooth platform only 10 rupees per order , its almost 50% reduction in zerodha brokerage , zerodha is not considering to reduce brokerage to rs 10 - i tried PAytm its awesome platform
i will move to paytm for two reason - one is mainly i will reduced 50% of brokergae and all in 1 platform now tey are enabled F&O also

1 Like

Their customer base might be indeed larger but very few of their customers are actively using their platform currently -

1 Like

Only 50k users are using it as mentioned by prayag.

Donā€™t think pricing is a factor to choose broker anymore, product and features matter I believe, there are few who offer less than 10 also.

hows the user interface of paytm system? is it reliable & as good as zerodha

Paytm is not user friendly, this my own experience. their replies arenā€™t helpful if we face any problem.
one day my cell number stopped working. i requested paytm to either reset my pass or delete the a/c. they are asking me for OTP sent on that number which is not owned by me.
in short, i donā€™t want to loose my money, personal data, in trying to save RS:10/- .
vijay shekhar sharma is famous to change his view , opinion as the wind turns.
so i just say no to paytm for my self.my best wishes to all those who want to switch .

1 Like