Is may 20 mad run?

Is this sensex rally of may 20 to continue entire week? Or are we travelling in a collapsing bridge?

Too much we went with exit poll? No steam left when real results come?

Think profit booking will happen and markets will return to normalcy post the actual result declaration

It was totally crazy, hardly anyone would have guessed that market would make such a massive move just relying on exit polls.

If this run continues, 12500 will be breached by Thursday.

I am not at all surprised how much it went up, but I am very surprised that it did so after exit polls

What happened to market which used to price in exit polls? Why market waiting like retailer for exit poll to be out this surprised me.

As far as predicting is concerned, I think better dont predict anything and focus on risk-managed trades. If cant find such trade, then better stay out.

Market was dragged down untill last Thursday due to trade war and other global concerns. Probably that’s the reason exit poll results were not priced in.

I think markets are just 1 percentage above the highs of pre election rally. It may go higher so it is better to avoid shorting upto election results day.

Lets see what happened in 2014 …

• Nifty was at life time highs
  • May 12 - last phase of the election / exit poll got released after mkt hours
  • May 16 - Counting day

If anyone wants to short ( after the verdict is out on 23rd ) just because indices are at life time highs , then think twice.

I also thought of avoiding but morning itself my spirits got kindled. It was a beautiful sight for first time viewers like me in such eventful election week.

So i decided to play some as i have to wait another 5 years for this type of volatility.

I am planning equity margin plan of icdirect delivery 180 days plan with big scrip names only.

1 Like

@velu yes sir. If we saw India bulls house today that alone is enough to see why we should not short when whole market is cheering

Fresh set of buyers kept pouring in with every low arising out of profit booking today.

1 Like

True…I made the mistake of shorting bank nifty and banking stocks when markets are going up Crazily. I used to short stocks whenever they gap up because of any major news and events, after the initial euphoria they used to coming down at least 1 percent from the gap up high. With this in mind I shorted today too but market kept going one way without retracement

Ok i play only equity. My grand uncle in his 70s was a veteran trader & broker in 1990s. I called him around 9 30 am and he told " I am seeing a drunken madness in the charts and volume. Never short any of the nifty 50 indices stocks and if u really want to try, take only long in big names. You don’t know to play defence with short positions. and u will be stuck badly" . I obeyed him.

2 Likes

Good words of wisdom. May be we should avoid shorting on high volatile days like elections

So the days between exit poll results and election results were flat :thinking:

± 1% move…
I thought of doing long strangle again if the premium drops by 25% , but it didn’t… So skipped

1 Like

Because Modi 2.0 will be a game changer.

For the next 5 years small cap will give humongous return, be ready. Simple and short advice.

Just asking out of curioisty… Any datapoints for your statement.

I do not understand why people even doing some activities on election days here for real. Is it something which bothers you so much ? It’s so unpredictable that you can’t hardly predict anything;) Just take a look in elections in the United States of America

1 Like

Some huge systematic economical changes are happening in our country, selective small caps will give multibagger return.

yes you seem to be right…we are travelling on mumbai’s about to collapse railway bridge…:smiley: so book profits guys & enjoy this phase.