Is Pi scanner reliable?

Hi all,

I joined recently on Zerodha and was very delighted with the platforms they provide for traders. However I am a little bit concerned about the reliability of scanner in Pi application.

Today I used Pi scanner for the first time on live market, I was working on my scanner script and backtesting for the last 2 days and it seemed to be working perfectly. Around 10 am in the morning I loaded my scanner and it started running. The script was a simple MACD crossover signal on 5 mins chart as given below.

CROSSOVER(MACD(13, 26, 9, EXPONENTIAL) , MACDSIGNAL(13, 26, 9, EXPONENTIAL)) OR CROSSOVER(MACDSIGNAL(13, 26, 9, EXPONENTIAL) , MACD(13, 26, 9, EXPONENTIAL))

The plan was to check the charts manually after an alert was generated and enter an intraday trade if other conditions in my strategy was satisfied. Didnt want to include my whole strategy in the script as I was using Pi scanner for the first time and did not want to complicate things.

However, it never gave an alert till end of trading session, and I had to rely on other websites for my signals. I know how alerts are shown on the scanner with yellow highlighted, and the alert time was shown as 9.50 AM (9.55 AM for some) for all scrips and was unchanged since the time the scanner was loaded.

I am a bit confused as lot of those scrips actually had a crossover during today’s session and I even backtested after exchange was closed. It gave positive signals on backtest but the scanner did not alert.

Is it an issue with Pi or am I doing something wrong here?

The above codes looks correct, Please try increasing the back-fill data and Run the scanners again.