Is the live open interest(OI) data being provided by exchanges correct?

Does this apply to the options OI data as well??.. Is the options OI data visible in the options chain vulnerable to these adjustments???

HI
You have to Take both the things into considering while intranet trader

Thanks for the great explanation.

Thanks a lot sir for such a nice explanation. I have some doubts.
When and why will the Hedge fund rejects the trade?
Whether the rejection occurs frequently or rarely?
Whether hedge funds do this intentionally to inflate OI numbers and trap retailers who go short?
Thanks in advance

Nitin, Don’t you feel it is ridiculous to let some one to trade/close the position after the market hours. Isn’t there a possibility of manipulation? By doing so they let the institutions to have an advantageous position compared to common public.

I wish to proceed legally against Sebi and other exchanges. I would like to take your inputs.

Thanks,

It is not trading after 3.30, it is just exact OI number update will come after 4. There won’t be any change in volume.

Now, rules updated a little bit. Sebi allows foreign entities in commodity derivatives market.
With an aim to deepen the commodity derivatives market, regulator SEBI Tuesday (Oct 09, 2018) allowed trading in the segment by foreign entities with exposure to the Indian physical commodity market.
SEBI said it has “decided to permit foreign entities having actual exposure to Indian commodity markets to participate in the commodity derivative segment of recognized stock exchanges for hedging their exposure”.
Such foreign entities will be known as Eligible Foreign Entities (EFEs).

does that mean we will now have good volume in Commodity as well ?

can we also do like this ? OR this privilege is only restricted to the institutions only ?

1 Like

You can also do this by using a custodian. But the cost does go up and custodians typically only get into relationships where the size of the account is significant. (Minimum of a few crores)

Does clearing member provide additional leverage or very short term liquidity to their clients to make their trades?

if this is so ; then ; why do the Institutional clients use trading members to execute their orders and use the services of a clearing member (CM) to clear and settle the trades ? ? ?

I mean they incur more cost then there must be some advantage ! what benefit / advantage do they get ?

No, custodians can’t really offer additional leverage.

They use multiple trading members but single custodian. Most of the trades are done on the phone by institutions, and their choice of using a trading member is typically based on the research provided.

So if you are an institution and your broker sent you a stock idea, you typically return the favor by trading through that broker itself. But you can’t keep money separately with different brokers, so you will have the funds and stocks sitting with the custodian, but ability to trade through multiple brokers.

7 Likes

Nithin sir has said 4:15 and u r saying 4:00. Which one is correct? and also where to check this final data.

Check on the nse website.

Hey, can you share the link to where i can get End of Day & Up to Date, Open Interest Data of Stock Futures, I couldn’t find it on NSE’s Website(there was too many options)
Thanks.

Can check here, daily reports should cover it.

There are way too many options man, I don’t even know, which one will give End of Day Open Interest Data, Please Help.
Should i choose “Bhavcopy” or “NSE Open Interest” ? or something else?

And also daily Reports in “Equity” or “Equity Derivatives” ?

Why don’t you open and check if it suits your requirement?

1 Like