Is there a Price Limit to "Limit Price" in SL - Limit Order?

Is there a Price Limit to “Limit Price” in SL - Limit Order? E.g. Limit Price can not be more than x% of SL - trigger in case of Buying.

There is no restriction on how far away Limit Price should be from Trigger Price but Limit Price should be within circuit limits of the stock, else your order will be rejected.

1 Like

In a Cover Order, couldn’t insert Target Price, also separate Target price not allowing Zerodha. What is the solution for this? @ShubhS9 @Anil_Rao

Placing Target Order isn’t possible in Cover Order.

As an alternative you can use MIS order, after your order is executed you can place place SL-Limit Stop Loss order and Limit order for Target price from positions tab.

Target & SL - both possible at the same time to insert? I believe, zerodha won’t be allowing both to insert. @ShubhS9 @Anil_Rao

Not at the same time, you will have to put two different orders.

Suppose you Buy a Stock at 100 and want to put SL at 95 and Target at 105. This is what you can do.

For Stop Loss use Sell SL-Limit order with Price of 95 and Trigger 95.05

For Target you can put Limit Sell order with Price at 105.

Thanks a lot @ShubhS9.

Points noted & will be performed accordingly.

Tried as per your suggestion but both ST & Target simultaneously not allowed in Zerodha. Error message “Insufficient margin”.

Applied GTT succesfully, but SL trigger price 25 got hit but SL Price 24 did not get hit. Please see the attached picture.

Capture_670
@ShubhS9 @maddy_Des @TradeB2B @Degen @tradingmachine

Additional margin isn’t required. You should place SL and Target orders only after your main order is completed.

After my Main order is completed / effected, placed “Sell SL Limit” successfully placed, after that tried to insert Target but got rejected. @ShubhS9 @maddy_Des @TradeB2B @Degen @tradingmachineCapture_671 @siva

You ned to see this in zerodha’s perspective.
You have one live position, right?
So when you put in Sell order as SL, RMS will couple it with your position and no margin is blocked.
If you put in the standalone SL Sell order to enter the fresh short position then Zerodha will have to block the required margins for naked short position right?
But now you put in the limit sell order as take profit. Now zerodha cannot couple it with any positions so it will be treated as naked short and zerodha will try to block the margins accordingly.
If you are still confused be free to ask.

In short for one position only one order to exit can be coupled for no additional margins. So either put in SL or Take Profitalong with the position. The second order is considered as stand alone.
If you want to put in both orders simultaneously then use BO.

1 Like

@maddy_Des Thanks a lot & thanks for your time. Yes understood, after a successful buy position, either a “Sell SL Limit” or “Target Limit order” (any single one) only could be added. Bracket Orders are blocked in Nifty Options Trading, hence started using GTT in the place of BO.

@ShubhS9 I correctly followed your instructions or any mistakes from my side?

Suppose you Buy a Stock at 100 and want to put SL at 95 and Target at 105. This is what you can do.
For Stop Loss use Sell SL-Limit order with Price of 95 and Trigger 95.05
For Target you can put Limit Sell order with Price at 105.

1 Like

This works for Stock’s, looks like it doesn’t for F&O.

Thanks for the reply. @ShubhS9
Stocks trading stopped for the last one year, as all my 99% fund got already blocked. I have left very little liquid cash for trading and jobless. RSI, Supertrend, combination 15min time frame, is my trading Strategy. What is the one more indicator to be added to get a strong trade signal and to avoid false breakouts?

I think this can be achieved with auto trading system.

Thanks for the reply. @tradingmachine. I have to start using Streak.

Is it possible to get the actual real LTP on a Heikin Ashi chart?
@leodecaps @maddy_Des @Gurly7 @rahulkhanna @trader_dude @sekhar916 @rachuri1976 @ShubhS9 @leodecaps @vikram_rao @vishnux

Use compare/add symbol menu from Trading view

1 Like

Ltp is same in all kinda charts , just the way of plotting candle stick is different.

Thank you @maddy_Des This is what i was looking for. Heikin Ashi chart displays a little different LTP. @vish