Is there any difference between trading options of Nifty and Bank Nifty?

It’s like saying I like mrf because it moves a lot everyday in terms of absolute value where as yes bank doesn’t move more than 1 point on most days.

Bank nifty is twice of nifty. So the contract value is even more than nifty.

Edit. MRF lot size is 10. Even lesser than bank nifty. :grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

As I have just started learning, I would like to allot as little as possible and if BN provides that opportunity, I will take that is what I was saying.

My whole limited point is about numbers, nothing else :face_with_spiral_eyes:

still it doesn’t make sense. Really. If you think 5 points is small in bank nifty, it’s same as 2.5 pints in nifty. The probability of both ending OTM is the same. In fact bank nifty it’s even higher because the IV of bank nifty is higher most of the time.

1 Like

Okay.

I don’t about all these details, and I was just looking at the minimum capital I can afford to lose while learning.

Got some rudimentary idea about Nifty options, don’t have a clue about BN.

Unless your strategy involves buying far OTM with low premium, this wont help you much in learning other than execution of trades.

This will only help you experience on the execution part.
It will be like participating just for the sake of participating.

Not a good comparison because in trading 300 rupee ticket person will be watching a different movie than the 30 rupee ticketed person.

Not a good analogy comparing a strong stock with different strikes of the underlying to trade options.

It’s good you want to lose less while learning, but I dont think it will teach you a lot other than executing the order. Well, if your strategy involves buying far OTM, then yeah i can understand.

1 Like

If you throw peanuts you will only get monkeys.

If you are young and you have the heart, trade with BNF.

If you are old and tired, trade with Nifty. :smiley:

1 Like

An idea is the beginning, and this is that, may not be a good idea, but it is one nevertheless, and I know what I am looking for, so it is alright for me.

I am throwing peanuts and as such will reap peanuts too, if that happens, no complaints.

I am not young but I have the heart and I am not tired, so I am looking at a lot of things :grin:

In Option buying, very often, when you throw peanuts - you lose those peanuts :stuck_out_tongue:

Not necessarily you know that, not 100%.

Also, until I get the hang of it, I will buy, and later I will sell, once I get the clarity about the capital, capital loss, and other things.

And this is just the beginning, like the 1st share one buys when he comes to the market, I was this investor once, and I am this FnO trader now :grin:

99.9 percent of the time you will end up losing in buying OTMs in bank nifty which are trading at 5 points.
Yes. You are just learning but to even break even I think you will have to give a premium of at least 30 points in bank nifty. Even this has 90 percent chance of losing.

1 Like

I was talking about Nifty, not BN. I had made some profits in Nifty OTM.

I have zero knowledge about BN, I don’t know even about ITM points in BN, let alone OTM points :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Thinking in terms of possibilities is bad for trading health, or so i have heard or read somewhere.
Think in terms of probabilities.

To each his own. Not everyone invests the same away, so not everyone trades the same way. If the end mathematical return post taxes is alright, then I guess there is nothing wrong doing things in a certain way.

What is good return for me may be peanuts to others, that is okay.

Someone may not relax till he gets his Lamborghini :racing_car:, I will be content if I get my Maruti :red_car:

Your OP asked a question , and it seemed like you were imbibing something that is in fact not an advantage - that’s why I pointed it out. It really is not an advantage.

So dont learn it like that. Not even as some form of pretention to oversimplify things in your mind.

Life is personal, so everything that pertains to life to some extent is personal, we all have our own accomplishments and dreams, so I am talking about mine, that is all. I am in no way comparing myself with anyone, I am not pretending, this is absolute.

I am still 80% an investor, trading is not the only thing, and I am learning, I don’t expect no big returns, nor I expect them to come soon, I can wait for as long as it takes to become an okay trader, I can afford this.

So I am learning every which I can, culling from everywhere and creating my own thing, which of course need to be profitable along with the satisfaction it gives :grin:

the only objective answer to your question is that, Banknifty is ~1.4 times the beta of nifty. Every other parameter is exactly the same.

1 Like

Right.

:+1: