Is Zerodha planning any upgrade to their desktop trading platform, Pi, behind the scenes?

This has nothing to do with desktop or web based, these are just features, can be added on kite itself. Few of the mentioned are in our list of things to do. Question is why exe is required?

3 Likes

@siva

ok, you are saying these are the just features , why you did in add these features for last 10 years , answer me

All these features means A to Z features for traders need i can see in EXE platform only in reputed broker , i believe these all featurs i can expect in EXE only , one more thing is ultra speed , in today itself your kite is lagging in middle of the time like 12 O’clock , if you can implement all these features in kite itself its a big doubt for us , if its happening then ok

EXE main benefit is , we can bring all features in ALL in 1 platform , now zerodha is seperated every thing like sentintal, tickertape, sensibull , streak etc , its realy difficult for us to reach each website every time.

one suggestion- bring all the features in one platform we can subscribe that EXE platform thats easy for you and for us also , I hear from sharekhan broker they are also coming with flat brokergae system very soon , then definitely people will see full fledged platform for flat brokerage then the choice is sharekhan not zerodha

2 Likes

1- Why u want us to swap through tab to tab to look for various charts every time?
2- Why there is no facility to add all futures contracts in Market watch in single click.
3- Why there is no facility to add all equity scrips in Market watch in single click and at single place.
4- Do kite have any scanner like feature anyway??? Dont say Streak, sensibull and all repeated stuff. Why one should go through seperate webs and tabs?
5- SImplest of the feature Dark Mode is requested for years, and ur technology savvy Tech Team is still finding excuses and bluff. Why Dark Mode ??? Just sit for hours in front of ur brite kite and enjoy ur eye bubbling.
6- Why every time we have to check every scrip for OHLC, Depth, and all that stuff one by one ??
7- What individual customisation u offer in Kite ??

These are just basics, leave other things aside that u are unable to understand and i have serious doubt u will ever. These are just a few apart from speed and speciality. Just go through MT4/5, TT, Ninja, Amibroker and get some idea atleast.

5-

5 Likes

Britania is maintaining Milkbikes over the decade ,
HUL is maintaining Fair and lovely over the decade
Big brands are maintaing are upgrading the old products over the decade because , some portion of the customer like that brands. for that reason , big branded company will try to give satisfication all aroud the company products to all consumers and they are maintaining and upgrading the same things for customer satisfication only

1 Like

@Alex_R , you well asked , i also asked before dark mode they reply NO what a big coding required i dont know , because ZERODHA is very slow adding some thing , zerodha is not finishing completely , see now mutual fund pledging , they stopped upto only in liquid fund ,in liquid fund category moneymarket fund they are not allowing to pledge , exchange is giving margin what the problem for zerodha i dont know , and all debt fund are remaining ,

Zerodha is working is very very very slow , i never seen any meaningful update happen in kite @siva

@siva, @nithin, please hire some employess from sharekhan if you want to be your business long last , for best platform

1 Like

@Riyas_Ahamed
One word for all things, the day old guns re-assemble and compete, Jio will be biggest looser. Customers will be happy enjoying old networks. Same way, let Zerodha enjoy its green summer. If u stop listening what is required to stay in arena, take example of Nokia.

2 Likes

@siva

Could you please provide your thoughts on this. Do you think these are valid reasons?

Is Zerodha planning any upgrade to their desktop trading platform, Pi, behind the scenes?

@siva I simply love Kite Web as well as Mobile app only because of its Minimalistic Approach. Don’t compromise the UI & UX in the name of features. Sometimes less is more. Kite can be comparable to WhatsApp. An app which is Simple yet Powerful.

1 Like

Zerodha’s edge is low brokerage not kite. We don’t need more features in kite that will lagging the performance. But some customers need desktop version with more features.

Hmm… No. We are not focusing on building a desktop platform. Today the web technologies have improves so much that the web platform’s performance is as good or better than desktop. With Kite, you can open multiple instances of it on your browser, it is a lot more flexible than desktop as well, especially if you are an active trader using multi monitor setup. Almost all our clients have moved to Kite web and mobile, just a few thousands in the over million active customers still use Pi, and we have some of the most active traders in the country.

We are going to be adding a lot of new tools and features on Kite, like GTT, 20 depth, etc.

3 Likes

@Nithin, you also need to make Kite usable for users who trade from multiple devices. For instance i trade from laptop and mobile and there’s no way to synchronise you drawings between two devices, what’s more frustrating is, now I’m planning to upgrade both my mobile and laptop and there’s no way for me to get my analysis on those devices unless I do it manually which is for over 50 stocks and it’s frustrating and tiresome (NOT USER FRIENDLY EXACTLY, IS IT?) You provide us with TradingView charts, i request you to please look at cloud synchronisation features they offer and make same available for us (you only offer us 10 layout saves, well TradingView free version offers only 1 but all our scrips analysis is saved in that one file and also on cloud)

I request you to please look into this. I’ve worked really hard on technical analysis and now will have to lose everything because of incompetence of you guys to not provide simple cloud synchronisation feature…

This unfortunately is not in our control. For charting we have both ChartIQ and Tradingview. ChartIQ is working on this, whereas tradingview doesn’t give it in their paid charting only solution. We are speaking to them on this though.

1 Like

@nithin kite is really lagging for continuously. today i placed order and i square off the order but its buy again the order in the position page again its buyed i lost 2,000 rupees i squared off 4 times instead of 2 times , margin is blocked countinusely i cannot place order, please come with superiour system ,

yesterday is lagged , today its going position ulta bulta , really we are taking high risk with our money with your system , its time to think us

In these thing you are trying to implement all features in kite , if you implement kite will DIE

1 Like

any problem in your system , why you Block your Telephone Line , that means you are not geninue broker it shows @nithin @siva

1 Like

zerodha = we lisen to all our clients demand,
but when we have technical glitch or error we block all our telephone lines…:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Can you add link to excel feature on kite?

Pi in its current form is robust and strong enough. It would be most okay, to leave it untouched. As says the going, don’t fix something that ain’t broken.

Any hey, thanks @nithin, for many things. It ld be wrong if I ld not be grateful to you.

@siva or @nithin How to invoke Order from a multi-chart environment in Kite?

In Pi, just a triple finger tap on my laptop track-pad does the trick, sometimes I press F1/F2

Shouldn’t placing an order and squaring it off be without any friction

Kindly help on how I can do it on Kite

To Zerodha team a advise from my side,

You guys should upgrade pi software or make any new alternate desktop software with good features,

Because we cannot trade in web browsers it is unsafe & can be hacked because it is a web application and hackers can steal the user login info in browsers by various hacking ways, so yeah its about money. We should care

As i said kite is an mobile app which is fast safe and secure then the web browser, it cannot be hacked,

You guys should make some changes to for Pi and maintain the desktop software as much as kite mobile app.

Who said you that a desktop software cannot be hacked?
Think of Microsoft windows and office which are mostly used pirated by individuals.
In online world no one is 100% secure even the banks.
And ya both windows based software and browser based terminals all have own advantages and disadvantages.
But i m also in favour of desktop software more than web based software.

Any perticular browser u will recommend for kite?