Kindly Help Regarding Audit& Taxation

Hello Everyone,

Kindly help if i need Audit and have to file ITR.

Screenshot is attached with this post.
As i don’t have any income from job or business any kind only Bank Savings.

1. Do I need an Audit as my profits are also not 6% all are losses ? If Yes what i have to do and when Quartly or After and Year.

2. Do I need to file ITR as i don’t have any income and never filed before.

Thanks & Regards

It is said that even if one does not have a taxable income, it helps in the future to file tax. So I think you can file.

@Jason_Castelino

you are right. all banks first ask for itr when you need a credit line opened so better to file one even one is below the threshold for taxes.

1 Like

Audit not required.

IT returns can be filed. But you can’t carry forward loss since the due date to file the same is over.

Always recommended

3 Likes

Pretty sure he is asking for FY23 :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh. So he is soooo sure to not end up in profits. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

First of all thanks for your reply sir.

As i am thinking about not trade till start of next FY so there won’t be any profit or loss. :joy:

Few questions again:

1. Do I need to maintain books ?
  2. To carry forward loss what are dates to file it.
  3. If i continue trading when do I need an Audit.

There might be more questions after ur answers sir so kindly bear with me. As i am new to trading and only thought it’s just Buying and selling stocks or F&O and if we have profit more than Exemption limit we don’t need to file and ITR. I didn’t know about all the other things knew about turnover and all other things few days back from @VijayNair sir and @t7support Sir :pray: :pray:

Add one more sir to the sir list, an important sir, @Jason_Castelino, he is the expert :grin:

1 Like

Just go through this. And do not worry too much about your taxation and audit. Generate some good returns first.

2 Likes

Have to bookmark this :+1:

Hi @Gurpreet

It is mandatory to file the ITR when the gross income is more than INR 2.5 Lakhs. Even if you have losses it is always a good practice to file the ITR and this enables taxpayers to carry forward their losses as well. However, for FY 2021-22 the due date to file ITR has already passed so carrying forward of loss shall not be allowed.

Tax audit is not applicable in this case, you can read more at Tax Audit under Section 44AB of Income Tax Act - Learn by Quicko.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

With respect to your questions,

1. No separate books of accounts are needed. Since all your transactions are maintained by the broker. You can extract from your trading platform say in Zerodha we have a feature called Console.
  2. July 31st of every year is the due date and the period is April to march. Say for April 2022 to Mar 2023. Due date is July 2023.
  3. Audit is not required as of now.
1 Like