Kite 3.0 - beta!

I second @q45. We need both options until Kite3.0 stabilises, I am still not convinced with Kite3.0 on multi-frame charting.

2 Likes

multi frame chart implementation is not so good on Kite 3 beta. also they should do something with their drawings tools we are unable to lock them in charts also drawing tools must be as toolbar not as menu bar… I hope they will consider these points too…

Chart in Kite 3.0 consumes entire RAM
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a chart
  2. Change range by clicking 1D, 6M or YTD below the chart

Observation:
The RAM consumption suddenly spikes in steps if 200 MB per second until entire memory is full.

Tested in Firefox Quantum 57.0.4 and Google Chrome 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Capture2

3 Likes

Will check on this.

Now that’s what I call answering a customer complaints like a PRO. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Between, hope you won’t use my own medicine on me !
@alwaysshri use different browser or disable all the extensions etc…
This is most probably pc specific problem as not all are facing this.

@siva
A very awkward problem has crept in the kite.
The chart reloads with white circle at centre at each zoom in or zoon out

This is not a issue, it’s just when one zoom in/out new data is fetched, before we not used to show this on frontend, anyhow we are looking on this.

Well, I have a PC with 12GB RAM.
As mentioned, I have tried in two browsers.
Both dont have extensions except ublock ie ad blocker.
Ran out of memory in under 5 mins.

whenever we do zoom in or zoom out @kite3.0 chart take refresh automatically …
and start from the current date
not able to see historical chart…:rage:
@nithin @Bhuvan

Yes you are right , I agree with you

You are right , when i tried Kite 3 Beta , my system started hanging , it takes too much of memory & system becomes dead -slow

@siva, @nithin, @Matti,

With some critical issues reported such as memory consumption, you should do a thorough test of Kite3.0 before it goes LIVE. Trading is already a challenging task and we do not need challenges on software. Kite2.0 is still good. I suggest you have 2 instances one running 2.0 and another 3.0, so that people can choose which software to use.

many times firefox hangs if kite3 kept open for sometime

Today we faced this in couple of scenarios on kite3, we will fix this ASAP, only once all these are sorted we will be moving kite3 out of beta.

1 Like

Thank you, that is re-assuring @siva

This IS a issue…a new one.

Earlier we could view back dates. Now you move the chart left/right, the chart reloads and you start to square one

1 Like

yup thats the problem…

You can check now, do hard refresh( ctrl+shift+r) once and then check.

Can check now, do hard refresh (ctrl+shift+r) once and then check.

1 Like

Can check now, do hard refresh ( ctrl+shift+r) and try once.