Kite & smallcase bifurcation

@nithin
I think you need to clearly bifurcate the two. The kite filter doesn’t work as far as calculating the correct average cost price in ones HOLDINGS. it takes an average of the SMALLCASE & KITE price. Imagine if I buy shares in KITE and want to know the actual P&L at any point of time, how do I get the information. The shares bought through SMALLCASE is held for longer duration and it doesn’t help knowing the clubbed price . I hope you understand my predicament. I have already posted this issue in the SUPPORT SECTION and did not get a proper resolution. They asked me to check CONSOLE which shows the previous days price. Please HELP.
Thanks

@bitte97 Regardless of bifurcation, or not, when you sell FIFO rule would apply. The shares purchased first through whichever means (kite or smallcase) would be sold first in that sell order. Accordingly, P&L would apply.

So what happens when I sell stocks on kite? Does the investment price in smallcase get adjusted accordingly? Actually if it does that, then the real benefits of smallcase is lost to a certain extent. Correct me if I am wrong.

@smallcase can reply this better.

The buying price won’t be updated on Smallcase if the sale/purchase of stocks happens on Kite. Check these support pages -