Learning Futures

Please… :pray::pray:
Can any one help me… To clarify what is this:-
Nifty 1!
Nifty 2!
Nifty v
Nifty x
Nifty z

Please can anyone explain this in details…after seeing this future contracts i am totally confused…

And the second quarry is :-

What is the future contract trading cycle in India… Like for options we have near, next and far month contract… And what was it for future??

Please …i appreciate your replies :pray::pray:

When

The Nifty 1 and Nifty 2 look like these are Continuous futures charts, 1 being the Current Month and 2 being Next Month.

The V, X and Z are Monthly Futures contracts, as you can see there is expiry (OCT 2020, NOV 2020 and DEC 2020) mentioned there.

It is the same. At a time there are three Futures contracts, Current, Next and Far Month.

You can read this module to learn more about Futures.

@ShubhS9
But sir as u told Nifty1! and Nifty2! are continuous month contract it’s means Nifty1 will expire at oct 29 and Nifty2 will expire at nov26…
But again there is NiftyV will expire at oct 2020…then there r two contracts are available… How can it be possible… .

Thanks and i appreciate your replies :pray::pray::pray:

Nifty 1 and Nifty 2 are continuous charts of current month and next month Futures contract.

Continuous charts means there is more historical price data.

There is only one contract, the Nifty 1 is same as Nifty V, only difference is Nifty 1 has more historical price data while Nifty V has limited historical price data. Similar with Nifty 2 and Nifty X.

1 Like

@ShubhS9

Ok sir… It means Nifty 1 is made up of all near month futures contacts historical price data up to date… In which recent near month fut contract that is NiftyV is also included…

And same for the Nifty 2 …right sir…

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong…

I always appreciate your replies :pray::pray:

Right. You can open Daily chart for both Nifty 1 and Nifty V, you can see Nifty V’s historical data is limited but Nifty 1’s isn’t.

1 Like

Yes sir… Thank you very much… I just now checked it… Thank you very much sir…

But sir why for the far month fut contract historical price chat is no there…
Eg :- Nifty 3! For NiftyZ…:sweat_smile:

Thanks u sir @ShubhS9 for your replies :pray::pray::pray: