Leverage for Intraday

Hi

I came across 5paisa website which are giving leverage for option writing upto 10 times with a subscription plan of 999/month.

Can we expect something like this in Zerodha ?

Link: https://www.5paisa.com/pricing

It is always better to buy good quality food/ service/ entertainment at a premium and consume it in lesser quantity and relish it. That is best for health, happiness and wealth.

Checking out the plan at 5paisa, they are delivering you options at INR 2 / lot. That is something significant under the 999 plan. This investment of INR 999 upfront will incentivise lot of trading when one shouldn’t be really trading. This in a market that is already RED with fledgling traders blood money, could only make matters worse.

Exposure that they are providing might change tomorrow if the requirement from SEBI mandates. Zerodha team may add more on this point.

lookup icici direct option plus and HELL NO don’t expect anything similar from zerodha they are admittedly conservative in terms of leverage

1 Like

Using leverage or not depends on person to person depending on their risk appetite.

Im a big fan of Zerodha but I am also pointing out what is offered by another discount broker.

I would personally love to use all intraday leverage offered.

Can we expect similar product from Zerodha in the near future? That only the team will be able to answer.

@nithin Please shed some light on this.

Nothing as such planned. Btw check this post, SEBI will most likely put some restriction on this in some form.