Loan Against Securities (Beta)

@Mounica37, partial unpledge is not yet live hence you cannot repay partial amount and unpledge your shares, at present you will have to make the complete repayment in order to unpledge your shares. We will be starting with partial unpledge soon.

Hi @nakrj, there are no restrictions as such but it is not a good thing to do, kindly go through the tweet below.

@Harshal_S_Katare , I know partial unpledge is not yet live and your team is working on it.
My point is , when it is live how the system is going to work in below scenario:

I have ONGC (1000), NTPC(1000), ITC (1000) , IOC (1000) shares pledged.

During unpledge does the system allow to unpledge 300 ONGC, 300 NTPC, 300 ITC?

or i need to unpledge one script 1000 ONGC completely.

1 Like

Hi @Mounica37, As we are still working on it, I’m not in a position to discuss the details of workflow yet hence would request you to kindly wait. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard. Apologies for the delay in response.

Hi @Karthik ,
I have applied for the Loan through HDFC and the process is also as smooth as Zerodha.
Every thing is Digitally approved and it was a 2 minute process.
Current account gets created the next moment Loan is approved and money is credited instantly.

Few additional marks for Team Zerodha for providing LAS facility only on curated scripts based on expertise.Though some of the scripts can be included in the list, but your intent to save the majority of retail investors offering LAS only to fundamentally strong stocks makes the difference.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi @Karthik ,

Request you to consider one more feature to be added on LAS facility.
When LTV ratio is < 40%, client should be able to apply for Loan say 5% on the existing loan amount without pledging of any shares.
For example, currently i dont have any shares to pledge but the LTV ratio is around 38%.
Providing 5% of cash on existing loan amount will be handy for the client and the LTV ratio will still be under 45%.
When there are buying opportunities exist in market,one should be able to deploy the cash.

Please let us know your thoughts.

1 Like

Really a good idea. Why to wait for partial unpledge to get implemented. Why not introduce a new feature that loans could be topped up to a fixed LTV ratio (say upto 75%) with /without some charges?

1 Like

Hi @Karthik , suppose one of my share was pledged with a third party bank. They released the share on Saturday morning (after last trading day ).In CDSL it is showing as free share from Saturday itself . Can I sell it on monday (next trading day)?I am asking because the same is not yet updated in Zerodha holding… In that case how can I sell those shares?

Hi @Mounica37 & @arvind1k, thank you so much for the valuable feedback, we will definitely consider these points while implementing the partial unpledge feature.

1 Like

@thepuch LAS is running in a beta mode and we will be updating the approved list of securities soon. However, let me share your feedback with the team and request them the review the same.

Thanks so much @Karthik , really appreciate it!

@Karthik may I know how long will it take to add the mutual funds option for LAS, I am hearing this option will be added to list since 2020 and still not yet seen any progress on this part. May I kindly request to give some ETA so that we can have some idea.

@Karthik whats the RBI rate hike impact on LAS interest rates?

@Karthik ,
With respect to interest rate from your first post as below:
The interest rate is 10.5% per annum. Unlike an EMI repayment, in LAS you only need to service the interest. For example, in the above case, the monthly interest for Rs.45,000/- works out to Rs.388.35/- per month

Could you please confirm if the interest is Simple Interest or Compound Interest??
When i look into Loan Ledger statement i can see interest calculated on Compound basis.

@RS6006 we are testing this internally, hopefully over the next few weeks.

1 Like

@economiconed Rate hikes do have an impact, lending rates have gone up everywhere. We will inform the clients if the rates increase from our end.

It is a simple interest. Maybe you can create a ticket so that we can look at specifics.

Any update on LAS against MF’s? It has been 2.5 months now but still no update on it.

Hi @sai_harthik, we are working on this on priority, we will introduce the feature soon until then we request you to kindly wait. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard.

1 Like