Long term investing as a Beginner

I would like to invest for a long term with a good amount. Let’s take 10 lakhs and here are my questions &

1. What if the value goes down below 10 lakhs which was my original amount, if it goes down to 5 lakh how can I sell it? Do I need to pay 5 lakhs again to match it with the original amount?
  2. Is there a time frame that I need to choose when making a long term investment?
  3. If yes, is it possible to sell it before the time frame?

It may be an irrelevant question for you but might help beginners who are just like me. I would appreciate if someone could help me with it.

No.

You should read up on Zerodha Varsity to understand more about investments, before you start investing your money. You will get your answers from there.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I could see that it’s kind of a time taking milestone to cover the link you mentioned. Can I get a quick reply to my questions so that I can decide to move further.

Not from me, no. Nothing worth having, comes easy. If you don’t wish to put in the effort to learn, I have nothing to tell you.

1 Like

I echo @ZeroIndian Even if we give you quick reply ,it will not give you the complete picture. So better start with the varsity modules. Atleast complete the initial portions of it. I am sure your questions will be answered in the initial portions itself and you will also be hooked to read and complete the pending portions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I wil invest my time on that, appreciate your help.

What if the value goes down below 10 lakhs which was my original amount, if it goes down to 5 lakh how can I sell it? Do I need to pay 5 lakhs again to match it with the original amount?
No, if u sell ur invst or stock @ loss then u might end up paying in loss

Is there a time frame that I need to choose when making a long term investment?

No time frame on ur own u can do it

If yes, is it possible to sell it before the time frame?

Deceision on ur own

1 Like

Thank you @Amey1 for your valuable information.

From all the questions you have asked, it is very much clear that you haven’t read enough about investing. Buying and selling needs a strategy and a trader has to work as per the strategy in order to earn maximum profits. Give a little more time to learning and you yourself will be able to find answers to all these basic questions.