Long Term investment

For long term ETF or Individual stock or mutual fund which one is best, its really big confused for investor ,
best stock we can hold 10+ years

Personally I prefer long term investments in ETFs and medium term in good stocks. Preferences can vary from person to person depending on their goals, time, etc.

2 Likes

If you have time and skill to track, monitor stock performance over a long period to plan entry and exit, then you could go ahead and do that.

But, no stock is guaranteed to to give returns over 10+ years. Stock is a share in a company, what if the company goes bust over a period of time? See how fortune of companies like Yes Bank, Suzlon, PC Jewellers has turned out to be after a long term?

Index goes up and down over a period of time. Individual stocks are added and dropped out of index. But, if you look back, the long term trend of index has been upwards. If your plan is to just buy and hold for longterm, index funds or ETF is a better option.

thanks for clarify

If you do want to hold individual stocks for a longterm, then you should approach it with some strategies for entry and exit.

This could be one of the ways: An EMA crossover strategy for longterm holding

There are plenty of other approaches. Do research the company before you invest into its stock for a longterm holding.

thanks bro its really useful i will go through

Personally I will stick only to ETF for long term investments which have a tenure of greater than 10 years.

Review the below article written in quora on ETF.

ETF Advantages

2 Likes