Losing a Part of Profit After Booking Profits in Trade Due to Emotion

I had learnt lessons, thank you. It’s about I had chance to exit in good profit but could not due to emotions and lost profit. The subsequent feeling and days are replete with guilt.

I had taken a decision not to indulge in risky trades and chase huge profits.

Dude, my post was not all intended towards you. You misunderstood, sorry.

I read this recently, if you own a cricket team, you don’t kick out your best performing player - same applies to your stocks.
(I am more of an invested than trader though)

regarding entry / exit points -
Technical charts - try using Bollinger bands with both 1SD and 2SD exponential moving averages along with RSI.

Bollinger bands have never let me down, and to understand this, you have to read/watch a small video on Galton boards. how 68% of trades happen within 1SD of SMA, and how 93% within 2SD. You are looking at black swan event if trades consistently enter 3SD (3rd standard deviation of Simple moving average).

based on the stock being in squeeze zone or uptrend/downtrend, you can decide entry/exit points at either 1st SD or 2nd SD LBB/UBB. (lower bollinger/upper bollinger)

Regarding indiscipline, we all go through the same set of mistakes - fear of missing out rather than greed is the word I would use :slight_smile: . what I’ve learnt the hard way is it is ok to miss out a few rallies rather than entering at a point when charts are saying a no-no - no one can buy at least point and sell at top all the time.

Galton Boards:

Bollinger bands:

Check RSI/Candlestick videos by this guy: