Lost 85K in 1 Month. Need Help!

Hello,

I just started intraday trading on Equity from 1 month, lost around 85K but its mainly because I am very aggressive, I made profits on some trades but keeps trading to make more profits but end up in loss.

How to avoid this? How much aggressive is good and what’s the strategy to entry & exit?
Do you stop trading after making certain amount of profit? How much is good to exit?

1 Like

Decrease position size. Get a second opinion on your strategies and find out why you lost. Try to implement Delta neutral strategies.

1 Like

Never over trading, proper stop loss, never took a trade if risk is high mean big stop loss
perfect your methodology (trading strategy) always simple. believe your setup execute without error.
Never MOVE your stop loss until reach your target if target reached you can use trail stop.

cross check your one month trade why you win and why you loss.
Never move stop no tight stop always use swing high swing low as stop otherwise your stop hit

hameed

If you are in intraday then be very strict regarding number of trades a day + amount to be earned everyday . Keep this in order . Don’t increase your volume too high by trading gain and again also it can be negative trend too if shares goes down .

YEAH BIT YOU CAN TRADE MORE ONCE EVEN AFTER REACHING DAY TARGET ONLY AMD ONLY IF YOU THING SHARES ARE SURELY GOING UP .

Don’t be greedy :wink: trade smartly .

All the reasons and most of the answers are in your question. Traders lose because they jump without preparation.

Trading is
20% Preparation: (years of experience in )

• Skill: Fundamental- Economics, Industry, Financial analysis & Technical/Chart analysis

80% Practice:

• Psychology: Mind set suitable for trading. One can only find out by trading for about 6m -1 year. Psychology is what actually makes money.

But if the trader is not prepared on their skills, they can not use psychology to make money. It will be very costly (Several account blow ups) If a trader jumps without preparation on skills.

If you dont want to lose money. Stop trading and start preparing before jumping head first.

6 Likes

85K amt that u hv lost, I/others might hv gained it. The amt u had gained earlier, I/others might hv lost it to u, who knows! That is Financial Market.

Remember that Market respects Individuality, NOT Copying Other trader’s plan/trades in a herd mentality.

Thank You Guys! Reach reply means a lot to me. I hope I will be better trader like you guys suggested, I will try to be more focused and stick to a plan from now on.

1 Like

You need to fix the strategy and you are advised to quit live trading for a while. You need to work again on the demo account with more effort and learning spirit. Try to find out the reasons behind your loss and figure out your mistakes as well.

@newguy can u elobrate further Delta neutral strategies.with nifty example…i never tried this startegy…that means ur betting on time VAlue decay right?