Lost Huge money in commodity (MCX)

How did you lose so much?

Started with intraday in nickel and zinc lost money thr tried to change the commodities than started Ali and lead as well. Still was losing money than some from told me start in crude oil. Below are the number of trades I since April 2017 both ways including buy/sell.
Crude 2662
Zinc 805
Nickel 399
Alu 361
Lead 578
Copper 294
Most of losses are in crude oil intraday. I always tried to recover the losses same day and lost more and more.

Again, big mistake to think trading as a source of income.

This is one of the main reasons why retail traders lose money.

I suggest you invest you money in good mutual funds for now and take ur time to learn trading.

Recovering profit is nothing its a new profit nothing moreā€¦

You have not earned so far in market so dont think of recovery yo cannot make profitā€¦

pause for some time think and avoid margin trading.

Sir,
I could feel your pain. But you are wonderful as seeking help is the best way to come out of a problem.

Jesse Livermore lost all his capital twice and after that he made billions. Hence, the markets would always be kind enough to give back provided we set a plan and stick to it.

Trading is 95% Psychology & 5% analysis according to my experience. Thereā€™s a little book that could be found online ā€œZen In The Marketsā€. It had helped me a lot.

5 Likes

Risk NO more than 1% of your capital and have bigger winners than losers. You will end up being successful no matter what, irrespective of your strategy. Key is sustainability.

2 Likes

I am supporting this approach. ā€œRevenge tradeā€ or ā€œTeaching the marketā€ā€¦is a road to failure. Taking a break from trading and rethinking your money management strategy is advised.

@Shivkumar_Pasi, I am sorry to hear this.

As suggested by the other traders on this forum, you should take a break, hone your skills and come back and trade with smaller sizes.

What was the analysis and technique you used in carrying out the trades.

My best wishes, may GOD bless you.

Selling low, buying high succumbed to the enticement of the market makers.

Hi have u gone through the trade book. Should I quit or still thr is chance of improvement and recovery some thing.

I suggest you take a brake.It will help you to realise what went wrong.Trade using 1 qty for one month.

1 Like

Sir,
No need to quit. But taking a long pause is very much necessary. Since the trades are not properly arranged, first thing that is to be done is that all the trades must be compiled in a particular order.
Recovery is possible but not in the time span in which it was lost. It is a long journey.

Take a breakā€¦read upon money/risk management by reading books or watching videos on YouTubeā€¦after that formalize a trading plan with proper stop loss and allā€¦get back to trading with small lots when ur readyā€¦all the bestā€¦hope u recover ur losses

2 Likes

Boss,

Exactly same thing happend to me as well too many trades in crude looking to catch in my favour to recover the same day loss or previous day loss but with big lot size even 5 points make u worry and u end up in exit re entre exit like this.
Evem my majority loss is in crude.

3 Likes

Okā€¦now Pls suggest your strategy for 16th may 18 after elections outcome.

1 Like

I really feel sad about the persons like shiv kumar jiā€¦who loose big amount of money in a small time. I am a research analyst but I donā€™t provide any tips,i do my own trades.i am feeling pity for you and want to help you in this regard,i will try to understand your style and will try to help you improve your trading/investing skills. And donā€™t worry i wonā€™t charge anything nor i will ask you to invest more amount. Just want to help you. If you want to improve your self can whatsapp me-8900018653.

1 Like

Thanx sir will be in touch

I have read your entire postā€¦ Sorry for your lossā€¦ Continue in market only if you are really passionate about it and not just for making money. I can help you with few basics which will help u atleast not to be a big losser at first ,later you can go up the ladder. if you really want to continue ping me on whatsapp -9665063292

Take a break ā€¦

Yes i am on the break as of now, but it is really painful of thinking how do i get my self prepare abd how do i come back again and recover some to some extent, recovering this entire is unrealistic though canā€™t get this removed from my mind :persevere: