Lost lakhs of amount in trading

Well…you are right to some extent but I really wants to make it as secondary source of income and not primery but yes sometime after getting overconfident I get greedy and think of covering all loss in few days and it causing another big loss.:pray:

1 Like

Thanks brother yes it should be primary goal and 3-4 percent trend because of which only I have made big loss I forgot it completely and did not thought through that I can trade any day any time and 100 of trades available no point in winning each and every trade…
Will keep this in mind capital protection is first priority.thnx

1 Like

Yes always have predefined entry exit and sl, and put hard stops (stoploss order in the system) position sizing everything shud be calculated while you are calm, if you do everything on the go (on the fly) well i have tried that hundreds of times, emotions will take over for sure and it will cost you big time!

1 Like

Uploading: IMG-20200918-WA0005~3.jpeg… in July n first 15 days of aug I made 75k with 2-3lakhs reason was no day or trade with more than 5k loss. Yes u r absolutely right r:r should be good else 1 bad trade ruined everything which happens with me yest.

2 Likes

Thats impressive but high win rate is overrated brother. Because i think every trading style is modulated by market.
Fot instance, those who profitable and work on 90percent win rate they will mostly have r:r worse than 1:1… Those who have 80percent they might be working on 1:1 and if someone is at 50-60 percent they must be taking 1:2

Those who do intraday they earn quickly but go through stress and emotional roller coaster of positonal trader cumulated over a period of time…

So work with a system always. Review and journal every trade. Analyse your trading data see that which r:r is best for your strategy.
Without any accountability we tend to random things in market. If you journal trades that brings some discipline.

4 Likes

All the answers to your issues lies in your own first post.
You yourself know what you did wrong.
Just avoid those things.
Simple!

2 Likes

Paper trade for a week.

1 Like

To all those who have lost all hopes in trading and are utter failures, and hence preaching very pessimist negative theories about trading here -
I am ready to guide you to success in trading free of cost. You tell which instrument, which style. I will tell strategy and approx CAGR you will achieve. I only require dedication, commitment & discipline for a year.

But just stop spreading negativity.

DM if interested.

8 Likes

To all those with myopic visions who are unable to see anybody who has really made consistent money in trading I suggest two things -

1. Number ka chasma

2. to watch below videos

4 Likes

Thanks friend. Will note this point and will do this on every single trade. I know it looks easy to earn but we need to think about wrong/worst day first which I have ignore many times but will keep this as primary rule before doing any trade.
My goal is simple not want to make millions in start just want to learn few days without loosing then

1 Like

Yes right no point if at end I am in negative. Winning 100 rs 99 % times and loosing lakhs in 1 percent does not justify 99% wins. My r:r ratio is very low and just managing it will solve all issues. No loss more than x percent .
Yes thnx you are absolutely right discipline n accounting is necessary will start doing that thanks brother :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check this also.

3 Likes

Yes…right thnx friend will try to apply all rules strictly.

1 Like

Agreed.thnx :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I never made loss in option, my expectations limited to 15% gain of capital in a year, risk reward ratio 2:1 .

2 Likes

Welcome to the world of investing & trading! Now that you’ve paid your tuition, make sure you remember the lessons you’ve learned. One of the first things you need to do, is maintain a trade journal. If you have, great - then go through your trades, and write down what you have learnt.

Since ur into option trading, suggest going through the course material of Sensibull - its a couple of thousand bucks, but that will help you.

In addition to that, you can go through these 12 pillars of trading & investing that I wrote for beginners, hopefully you find some nuggets in them.

Don’t give up. Trade Small. Trade Often.

4 Likes

Sent you an PM please check

2 Likes

Did you feel like you found the holy grail after making that 80k in 40 days?

you thought you had it all figured out and selling options is easy money, right?

1 Like

Hey what’s your story? If you hate & abhor trading so much, the last thing you should be doing is being here ?

You have the blackest negative vibe, advising everyone you come across to stop trading. Yes people get burnt here, cuz they bite more than they can chew.

@ksksat want to know what pain & losses you faced that make you tremble till now.

Btw Trading is no joke, & people who tread lightly will never see the light.

3 Likes

Ur total loss 10 L or 6 L?