Lost lakhs of amount in trading

But not to your financial health.

Why do you care so much about retail losing money?

If retail traders think they can take money from institutions, thats good for them , no? :wink:

Withdraw your balance amount and take a break from trading. Practice risk management and only after you find success, start with real money again. By the way, you can check out my answers on Quora in the name of ā€œTrader Vimalā€. Hope it will help.

1 Like

these are rookie numbers . You gotta pump those numbers up .

2 Likes

Learn investing. Grow wealth in many years not days. Dont try to gain back in the same way u lost. Stop before its too late.

3 Likes

we humans have a certain knack of pouring suggestions and advice, if someone made a mistake.

But have we ever thought, what if he was asking for no advice & was just simply sharing his experience? And the ugly part is what if the advice & suggestions will make things worst. Or are we fit enough to give the advice we are pouring?

There is no certainty that if trading doesnā€™t work, investing ll work. Or that one thing is less risky or more easier or statistically more positive than the other.

The point is If we donā€™t know what we are doing, then investing/trading/swing or whatever timeframe you got, itā€™s the same sad story. Maybe, he ld make more wealth just staying away from the markets. Just saying, i donā€™t know. Maybe he becomes the next Ray Dalio, as he found his calling. Just saying, we ll never know.

The best thing is we keep sharing stories, experiences but we sure donā€™t tell what people should be doing, cuz of many reasons. We sure donā€™t know what level of life he is on.

We are all waiting for our calling, one way or the other.

3 Likes

Iam so sorry. I misunderstood the last line of the post of saying ā€œnot sure what to doā€. I should have looked for a question mark before writing my response. I didnt realised the post was for no response. Really sorry for thatā€¦

I too lost money in nifty stocks Yes bank n indiabull housing, but net i came out in profit, thanx to HUL, nestle n brittania

hey man, now donā€™t make me feel bad. I just wrote a generic opinion, and never directed at you.

Have a great life,brother.

1 Like

Thnx for response brother.you are right greed actually caused loss otherwise I was going good. But you are right it takes time to recover losses :slight_smile:

Actually you went through similar experience as myself. Thats why I couldnā€™t resist to reply. I have made my plans for next 5, 10 yrs to follow. Recovery is a trap. I started fresh on the path best suitable for me, thats investing. Derivatives is a zero sum game and have expiry, so someone will always loose there, you can guess who are designed to loose in this game. Realising this I changed my path back to investing. And now again doing better. And yes derivatives are made for insurance and hedging. We loose because we use it for wrong purpose.

1 Like

Yeah. Sorry for that. I do agree everyone has their own story and a unique path.

You are right actually thought of recovering money trading for that is one reason for mistakes in trading and I always think about recovering it quickly which create greed heavy trades n few bad trades can cause big loss as I already mentioned recovery of few thousands is now become few lakhs.
Yes need to start slow and fresh

I am seeking guidance.can u help me.

DM your issue. I will try to help.

1 Like

The problem is newbie traders focues on 3 things:

1. Maximum return
  2. Directional view
  3. Stock Selection

This is a very wrong way to do trading. If you want to be profitable, ignore all the above and only focus on money management, asset allocation and risk management. Thatā€™s trading.

Try to think about trading if you would have 100 times more capital. What would you do? How would you trade?

If you have 5 lakhs today, think how would you trade if you had 5 crores capital? Would you apply the same strategies, same philosophies? If no, then do not apply them even with 5 lakhs. This will help you to not lose money to begin with.

A 15% return on 5 crores is 75 lakhs per annum. Itā€™s more than enough to live a good life in India. Even if you spend 10 lakhs for household expenses, you can reinvest 65 lakhs. Now, why would you take unnecessary risk to get more than 15% that can wipe out your entire 5 crores capital?

Instead of thinking about getting 30% return with 50-70% drawdown, try to achieve 15% return with 20% drawdown. Deploy all your energy into it. Focus on reducing drawdown than increasing return.

Think like a person who has 100 times more money than you. Think like a big bull, think like the ones who deploy smart money into the market. Thatā€™s how you survive swimming with the sharks.

15 Likes

Well Said . Most of the people dont realise that things which work with 1 or 2 lots , does not wok so smoothly with 10 or 20 or even 100 lots

4 Likes

Iā€™m also in the same page, learning trade is like swimming in the ocean not sure what comes when.

1 Like

Brother if u r in big loss like me then one thing I can suggest you from my mistake is adding strick stoploss. Make sure not to loose more than 1-3% of your capital.

1 Like

Hi, How do I dm you?

I never loose money in fno, the method is simple, do cash secure put selling, wait to for position, if fails, start share secure call selling.
Simple hedge for gain

2 Likes