Margin against Fixed Deposit and MF

No, not in the near future.

Dear @VenuMadhav,
one silly question . when the liquid fund value increasing day by day our collateral margin will also increased or not

I have brought one debt and one equity fund before 2 days , but it’s not available in console to pledge ? Please see my attached screenshot.

these fund you cannot pledge- franklin ultra short term fund is very good fund but they are not allow to pledge this fund

There are no silly questions :slight_smile: the way collateral margins are updated is (fund_value*no_of_units) - applicable haircut%. If the fund value goes up, your collateral margins do go up.

3 Likes

Only the ISINs mentioned above can be pledged for margins.

Let’s say I have pledged stock and/or mutual fund holdings for collateral margin with a broker. Can this broker further pledge these holdings that are not fully utilized for margin.

In other words, there are cases (though it is not legal) where a broker utilizes underutilized client funds (cash) for his/her own proprietary trading. Can a broker do the same with underutilized pledged units of mutual funds/shares?

Yes, a broker is allowed to move these securities to the Clearing member or pledge them with the Clearing Corporation. Having said that, there are strict regulations that prohibit a broker from allowing one client to trade with another client’s collateral margins. Same goes for prop, a broker can’t use the margins raised from client’s securities to trade in the prop account. All brokers are required to upload to the Exchanges a bunch of details every week that helps them determine if a broker is mis-utilizing funds. Read more here: BSE enhances supervisory framework for stock brokers - The Economic Times

I bought liquid fund on 25-Sep in Coin. It was allocated yesterday in Coin. Today its showing in Kite Web holdings (mutual fund). But its still not showing in Console (Web) portfolio (mutual fund).

Already raised a ticket in the morning but no response yet.

it is showing after two daysin console from reflecting from your holding in kite

So charges will be once only or like if I use it for nifty option writing, everytime I cover my trade and to take new trade do I have to pledge it again?( Again 65 charges)
( Sorry I know very novice questions) but please can u please clear it

Only one time. It can stay that way as long as you want, no charges for un-pledging. If you unpledge and want to pledge again the same then also charges are applied.

1 Like

Perfect…thank you very much @siva

1.If I am pledging some stocks of a company and adding more stocks after pledging . Do i have to pledge again for more margin ?

2.if i am keeping 50 % of capital in stocks and remaining in liquid funds and pledging both . Can i hold overnight positions without any extra charges ?

1 Like

Can you tell me which liquid fund ?

Axis liquid fund.

Hi !

I did not quite understand :slight_smile 1. exactly which ISINs are eligible for Margins 2. Are Gold bonds also eligible 3. how do i buy GSEC?

axis liquid fund
birla liquid fund
franklin liquid fund
reliance liquid fund
hdfc liquid fund , these fund are available for margin , go to coin and buy

1 Like

Is this all good ?

In liquid fund space Birla liquid fund is good one in portfolio and returns , Birla hold 200+ securities and returns are 7.36%