Margin query for debt fund

Is hdfc corporate debt fund considered as cash equivalent margin for trading?

Corporate Bond funds aren’t considered as Cash Equivalent, you can check this list to know which funds are Non-Cash and which are Cash Equivalent.

Sir, I just checked list of securities.

The linked excell file has 2 sheet

1. non-cash component
  2. cash component

Does that mean all securities listed in CASH COMPONENT are CASH EQUIVALENT ?

And as per you which is better Returns wise in that list ?

Yes, the securitues listed in Cash Component segment are Cash Equivalent.

Regarding where to invest, you should make your own informed decision.

So, NIFTYBEES are not cash equivalent, Right ?

No, Nifty Bees isn’t cash equivalent, you can check out the list, all Cash Equivalent and Non-Cash Equivalent securitues have been classified accordingly in there.

Sir, Today I placed buying order for L&T money market fund D G on Coin at 3.25 pm

My Query is

When i will be able to pledge as collectaral for Options selling - tomorrow ? or day after Tomorrow ?

As you have placed order after cut-off time, your order will be processed tomorrow at 11:30 AM, it takes T+1 days for funds to get credited to your Demat account. Once the MF is credited to your Demat account, you will be able to pledge.

I bought liquid fund on 21-10-2020, just now I got msg from CDSL confirming Transaction of credit.

my query.

When I shall be able to Pledge this liquid fund as colletaral, becaz I tried now, but I did not found it in CONSOLE.

Regards.

You should be able to view it in Console tomorrow, after that you can pledge.

Sir, I have authorised please request on 23-10-20 but colletaral not showing in zerodha under tab funds

Did you place pledge request before cut-off times 2 PM and 5 PM? If you place pledge request after this time your request will be processed the next day.

Also, once you place pledge request a d it is processed at 2 PM or 5 PM you will have to authorise the pledge by visiting the link you will receive via email and SMS before 7 PM on same day, if you don’t you will not receive margin for pledged stocks.

Request you to go through this post for detailed information.

If you completed all the process and didn’t receive margin, request you to raise a ticket here.

I received email to authorize by OTP on 23-10-20 2.30 pm and I authorised it at 9.48 pm (night).

So, when margin suppose to be available to me .

You have to authorise the pledge before 7:00 PM, you will not receive margin if you authorise after that.

You can cancel the pledge request and make a new one, this time approve the pledge before 7 PM, you will receive margin the next day.

Sir, my id is ZZ5900.

I have submitted my pledge request this moring.
(after unsucessfull earlier).

Till now CDSL email to authorise by OTP not received.

Your request will be processed at 2 PM, after that you will receive the link to authorise pledge.

this query regarding MARGIN FROM PLEDGED LIQUID MF FUND.
Zerodha will charge interest only if margin used more than received from pledged securities ? right.

other than above, means using margin at par with colletaral pledge margin then INTEREST DOES ARISE ?

AM I RIGHT ?

When you are taking overnight positions in F&O, as per exchange requirement you have to bring minimum 50% margins in cash or equivalent and remaining 50% in form of collateral.

Interest is charged when you are not maintaining minimum 50% cash to fund your overnight positions and use excessive collateral margin.

Eg. In your account, you have 50k cash and 2 lakhs in collateral margin.

You are taking overnight position which has margin requirement of 2 lakhs, of this minimum 1 lakhs should come from cash and remaining from collateral.

Since you only have 50k in cash and aren’t meeting 1 lakhs cash requirement, remaining 50k will be funded from collateral, on this there will be interest charged at 0.05% per day.

in my case, I am going to pledge CASH COMPONENT instrument.

If you are pledging Cash Equivalent securities then you don’t have to worry about the 50:50 Cash - Collateral ratio.