Market sizes data or estimation

@nithin this tweet and this post are a great insight to estimate the size. But i am unclear on this point :

1. Is there no data available or released officially regarding the sizes of capital , money or stocks market size?

Additionally :

1. How do these markets differ on the basis of participation. Example, common man can easily access stocks market but capital and money market has what percent participation of banks, institutions and common people?

Yeah, this post has all the data that is publicly available.

https://zerodha.com/z-connect/rainmatter/beyond-misleading-trading-turnover-numbers-the-actual-size-of-indian-capital-markets

Didn’t get your second question.

2 Likes

Thanx for sharing the post

Elaboration:
From my understanding, financial markets = capital markets + money markets. Capital markets = primary and secondary are 2 types. Secondary includes the stock market.
My question is, obviously as we go upwards, market size would increase, eg. Size of capital market > size of stock market. But

1. any relationship between capital and money market?

What i read know is money market include more frequent traffic of money, so it would be bigger than capital markets. Correct me if i am wrong.
Now

1. is there any way for common investors to participate in anything else than share market? I only know of private placement.

2. Banks and corporations participate in all markets mentioned above. But do anyone else does too? Brokerage firms, mutual funds etc?

By money market you mean this right?

At Zerodha you can invest in G-secs: Bonds & T bills.

1. Relationship between capital and money markets?

If the yields are lower in money markets, higher the chances of money flowing into capital markets.

1. is there any way for common investors to participate in anything else than share market? I only know of private placement.

There are some platforms on which you can invest into private/unlisted businesses/startups. Highly risky, but yeah possibly much higher returns as well.

1. Banks and corporations participate in all markets mentioned above. But do anyone else does too? Brokerage firms, mutual funds etc?

Yeah, mutual funds do, and very actively. Brokerage firms may participate to deploy their own capital, but I don’t think brokerage firms actively participate.

1 Like

Right.
Thanx for explaining!