Migration from old pledge to the new pledge mechanism

@Nakul ok thanks please

I had done a fresh pledge of HDFC overnight fund yesterday using the new system with cdsl otp etc but zerodha has not yet provided me margin. Is your system not working? @siva I’ve already raised a support ticket.

@Nakul I see “NIPPON INDIA MONEY MARKET FUND - DIRECT PLAN MONTHLY DIVIDEND PLAN REINVESTMENT” in the list of approved securities, but not the “GROWTH” version of the same.
Similarly, “GROWTH” versions of a few other funds are absent while their “dividend/dividend reinvestment” plans are eligible as collateral.

Any plans to include the “growth” versions of such MFs in the eligible list for collateral?

also few of the “regular” versions are available as collateral, but not their “Direct” versions.
eg. “SBI MAGNUM GILT FUND REGULAR GROWTH” is available but not its “Direct” version

How frequently approved list if security gets updated? Can we expect some more debt funds( money market/ gilt fund) to be added soon?

Also pls provide the link of the list of securities allowed by NSE/BSE.

@Nakul @siva @ShubhS9

@siva kindly look if it possible to pledge motilal oswal s&p 500 fund , currently the fund is not in the list to pledge

Our approved list is updated at the beginning of every month, usually by the 1st trading day. We’ve allowed most of the approved securities by the exchange already. We’ll look into what can be further added to our list. Here’s the list of approved securities from the exchange.

1 Like

@Nakul If one MF scheme is allowed, can their DIRECT and GROWTH variants be added, especially when the regular variants are allowed… Most people on Zerodha platform would prefer the DIRECT variants over REGULAR variants

I had done a fresh pledge of SBI Liquid Fund atleast 3 times over the last few weeks with successfully entering the OTP on CDST website, yet each time Zerodha has not yet provided me margin. Have also raised support ticket and even called to support team with no resolution in sight.

Is your system not working?

@nakul
I see that “Axis Money Market Fund Direct Growth” and “Nippon India Money Market Fund - Direct Growth Plan Growth Option” are available in the file you just shared, but not on the zerodha approved list

Request you to kindly do include such MFs as it would allow me to move these two MF holdings to Zerodha Demat without selling and without triggering a STCG/LTCG event

Currently, only the regular plans of this scheme is allowed to be pledged by the exchange. Once the exchange allows the direct plans, we’ll allow that to be pledged too.

@nakul, thank you for the prompt reply…
after seeing the exchange provided file, I did realize that “SBI Magnum GILT direct plan” was not on it, while the regular one was.

Can you please look into adding

• Axis Money Market Fund Direct Growth,
  • Nippon India Money Market Fund Direct Growth,

Money market funds give slightly more return than liquid funds, and they both are present in the exchange provided list

Yup, we’ll look into this.

1 Like

Hey @Rajat2805, we’re looking into this. Will let you know once we’ve found out the issue.

Even I’ve now done it 3 times now but zerodha system is not working. Their helpdesk nos are not reachable for past 2-3 days & nobody responding to support ticket or emails. What’s happening folks? @siva @nithin request you to kindly address this issue. Thanks.

Saturday after 2 pm and sunday would be holiday, can you give me ticket number?

margins are showing up today after a week of pledge request. the important thing is that support is very important & when needed all your communication channels are not available…wonder what traders go thru when their trade is stuck & you guys are not reachable…

@Nakul @siva i already unpledge goldbees on friday still its not credit in my account , i am really afraid to work with kite and console , i dont know i receive margin or not , now for me a new job is monitoring a console , now a new headache for me , look up the system and make smoother please , for every unpledge i want to wait 3 days then i need to look up , again i want to raise a ticket is really bullshut

@siva @Nakul hai i unpledge the goldbees on 11th friday 4600 qty , in console its showing its released , but i cannot see in kite holding , i cannot sell also, its more than 6 days now , where is my 4600 qty goldbees ,

i raised a ticket some one reply ., its already processed sucessfully , please unpledge other scrip , what the answer i am getting from support

still unpledged qty 4600 gold bees i am not seeing in kite holding , support team is replying is success unpledge other securities , please siva look in this matter

20200915966224 ticket number

Hey @TradeB2B, we’re looking into this. Please provide us some time. I’ll update you on this soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

@TradeB2B we just examined the whole case. There was a delay in processing your unpledge request at the clearing corporation. We had to reconcile and release the pledge in your demat account which was done yesterday late evening. Since our end of day processes were already completed you didn’t see the holding on Kite today whereas, the securities are showing up as free holding on Console. The holding will show up on Kite from tomorrow. We regret the delay this has caused.

1 Like