Minor demat accounts with Zerodha

I believe depository allows to check while account opening on PAN basis, also i have ticked YES for BSDA in form.

To open a minor demat account, does guardian needs to have Trading account with Zerodha only ?

Guardian can have trading account anywhere.

Within the same depository yes, but if there’s another account in the other depository (NSDL), then the option to convert account to BSDA will not be available.

I heard now the MINOR account can be open online by using the Guardian KITE credentials? Is that right?

If yes then what are the documents required for opening the MINOR Demat?

Yes, you can open the minor demat account online. You can check out the process and required documents here.

No. One can not open demat account for minor online. It is clearly stated in support portal that minor account must be open offline by sending required forms along with necessary documents mentioned therein.

@ShubhS9 @VenuMadhav What happens to the minor’s demat account when they become major? Will there be additional documents required for the conversion? Can they go ahead and sell securities? Please clarify. Thanks!

When a minor turns major (18 years old), a fresh KYC will have to be carried out, and the minor account must be converted to an individual account. You can check the process here: How can a minor account be converted to an individual account?