MOTIVATION, THOUGHTs & WARNINGs for GREATER GOOD

Whenever I go through suffering, I often start reading great persons quotes & life histories. While reading I discover every time that my sufferings are little compared to those great persons suffered in their life. This reading habit also guides me to think & act correctly.

Here we will post some of our favorite quotations (preferably, of great persons), which will work as a Motivation & Brainstorming for Financial Market Participants.

My motive behind the topic/thread:

I love to grow trees. A tree cannot become big & huge without its leaves & roots. Here a tree, as a whole, should be compared with any system/organization/country which wants to become big & huge. Leaves & roots are important constituents (i.e. participants) of that system.

Rules should be honored while posting/replying to this topic/thread:
  1. Any participant, in a day, should not post multiple (conceptually different) quotations grouped together in a single reply/post. Instead, post one quotation (based on one concept) and its explanations (if required), in a day. Next day, reply-with/post another quotation, and so on.
  2. Avoid repeated posting of exactly the same quotation (of the same great person). Avoid plagiarism, always mention/refer/cite who originally said that quotation (except for self-quotes).
  3. Please, prefer to post quotations in text only format by mentioning original authors/speakers always.
Reasons behind those above rules:

a) I have a stock of more than one thousand quotations (of great persons). Now, if I mention all of my stocked quotations in a single post, the following will happen:

1. Many people will not read (& deeply think about it) all the quotes at one go. Everyone needs some time to digest/understand some thought.
  2. Other people who are willing to help others in this way (through great persons quotations), may not get a chance to post/reply, because his/her favorite quotations have already got posted by someone else.
  3. As no other new posts will come, so this topic/thread will go to the very backside of this community. Not everyone goes to read the very old posts. As a result a less number of people will be helped by those quotations.

b) Though I know images conveys more information than only texts (Ref). But, posting quotations in text only format will reduce hosting server’s load remarkably. Our replies should not create a burden on website owners.

A disclaimer:

Copyright of the quotations of the great persons belongs to the respective original authors/speakers. I always mention/refer/cite them.

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for." — Socrates

10 Likes

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." — Benjamin Franklin

6 Likes

Winners vs Losers

7 Likes

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." — Mahatma Gandhi

6 Likes

"Change your focus, from making money to serving more people. Serving more people makes the money come in." — Robert Kiyosaki

9 Likes

True Vedic followers are the westerners(indirectly).

3 Likes

"Invest only if you would be comfortable owning a stock even if you had no way of knowing its daily share price."— Benjamin Graham

6 Likes

"The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing." — Philip Fisher

9 Likes

"Once we realize that imperfect understanding is the human condition there is no shame in being wrong, only in failing to correct our mistakes." — George Soros

8 Likes

"Long ago, Ben Graham taught me that ’Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down." — Warren Buffett

10 Likes

"In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine." — Benjamin Graham

Probable meaning of the above quote.

11 Likes

12 Likes

14 Likes

18 Likes

32 Likes

7 Likes

As investors, we have the power to accept or reject Mr. Market’s offers, on any given day, giving us a leg up over those who feel compelled to be invested at all times, regardless of the current valuation of securities

19 Likes

endless cycle true

2 Likes

Rich vs Poor

Rich:

1. Thinks big (hire smart people).
  2. Income distribution (several sources of income).
  3. Invest a good chunk of earnings.
  4. Focus on providing value, making profits.
  5. Leverage debt to make money.
  6. Are grateful towards people.
  7. Love to grow financial literacy.

Poor:

1. Thinks small.
  2. One source of income (buys a job).
  3. Spend on liabilities.
  4. Focus on making money instantly.
  5. Use debt to buy liabilities.
  6. Do not have time to learn about Money.
  7. Thinks, knows everything.

Ref: Rich Dad Poor Dad

8 Likes

“Rich people buy luxuries last,
While poor and middle class
Tend to buy luxuries first” !

_Robert kiyosaki
4 Likes