MTF closed beta for TradingQ&A users

As they say, bear markets arrive when something really big or unexpected happens. Looks like Zerodha’s MTF launch is that event this time. Brace yourself!

Wow! SUPER DISAPPOINTED by zerodha’s MTF interest rate. I guess the hopes of coming back to zerodha are over.

Is there any GST applicable on 0.04% interest rate?

@itsKeshav No GST on Interest. Margin Trading Facility (MTF) FAQs

if i buy stock with MTF on expiry day, can i short equal amount of future same time without expiry day 50% extra margin?

If i let future short position expire, does MTF stock considered as physical settlement, or will i go into penalty?

How will be the interest amount deduct- on daily/weekly basis (added to MTM) or when we square off the MTF position?

On the expiry day before the market opens physical delivery margin block will happen. If you have free cash after that you can buy MTF. But there won’t be any margin benefit for this.
It will be net off by the end of the day if you bought MTF stock on expiry day and you have physically deliverable position.

2 Likes

It will be charged daily, based on the MTF ledger opening balance

1 Like

am I getting it correct to my sense that MTM will not be calculated on profitable trades, which means if I borrow 3000₹ from Zerodha on a 4000₹ trade (1000₹ from my end) that if my trade goes into positive direction, I mean I am making profit than Zerodha isn’t going to charge interest on the profits I’m gaining according to MTM but it is capped at 3,000₹ only?

explain us, upon this little further…

do we get any email regarding the auto cancellation of our AMO and GTT orders?

The MTM is charged on loss-making investments, i.e., whenever your trade goes below the buy price. There is no MTM charge for profit-making investments. Interest is charged only on the 3K funded amount.

1 Like

Yes, you will.