My Trading dairy 01-03-2019 to 31-03-2019

Revised SL to 758 in LUPIN MAR FUT

Exited IGL at 305.2 with 1.3% profit as i don’t want to carry the long trade for Friday as FED outcome is due late in the night.

Carrying LUPIN Short Trade.

Shorted NTPC Mar Fut at 128.5 for target of 126/125 with SL at 129.8.

SL Hit in NTPC. Exited at 129.8

Exited Lupin at 745. Shorted HDFC bank at 1383 for targets of 2238/2225 with SL at 2320.

Revised SL to 2275 in HDFC Mar Fut.

I think that you have made a good choice and started learning from your mistakes. I can see that you have significantly improved your trading performance which is extremely good. Keep doing a good job!

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I was doing trading with small qty since last 2 months. I am satisfied with my performance for the last two months. My main aim is to trade in futures where i can go long or short based on my view with hedging if required.

I am targeting to arrange 5L capital with in 5-6 months. I want to be ready to trade futures by the time my capital gets arranged as i have done some big blunders in the past. The main points which affects/affected my mind while trading in futures were:

1. Volatility in the first 5 mins of opening due to which i exited early many a times in the past.
  2. Watching P&L continuously while in trade forcing me to exit the trades early.
  3. Fear of holding the position overnight once the position enters to profit.

I was looking for some good platform for virtual trading where live feed is available to place orders just like normal market and once order is filled we should not be able to edit/delete it. so its like normal trading with real live data feed and order placement where we can check our timing and emotions which play major role while trading .

I was doing extensive search since last 5 days to find such platform. Initially i tried sensibull but was not satisfied.

Finally i found ninja trader where i can get live data feed and also can place orders on live prices. So i registered with true data for getting the live feed of nse f&o stocks.

From today i am starting trading futures with 5L virtual capital. I vl post my trades here for my own reference and suggestions from other expert traders.

The following is the criterion for my trades.

1. Initial Capital - Rs 500000
  2. Max risk per Trade (Approx) : 3% of capital i.e. 15000 which means i will be out if i am wrong in approx 30 trades.
  3. Min RRR - 1.6
  4. SL is based on S&R and daily volatility
  5. Managing the trade: Once the trade enters to profit of 1K, I vl not let it to go in to loss by placing SL at cost price.(This part i vl review after one month and will change the style based on result).

Today i entered two long positions in

1. ZEEL APR FUT. Entry at 447 with Target at 460 and SL at 439. Margin used: 2L
  2. IBULHSGFIN APR FUT.Entry at 825 with Target at 860/880 and SL at 798. Margin used: 1.5L

Please note that these orders are placed on real data feed.

Thanks in advance and i hope that i will be posting the screenshots from kite in the future.

3 Likes

Dear @REVANTH , Is it a free version of Ninja Trader or Premium version?

Ninja trader is free but for getting live data feed from exchanges u have to subscribe to a reliable data provider. I have taken a plan from truedata which will cost 1.5k per month.

2 Likes

Thanks @REVANTH for the information :grinning:

You are welcome bro.

1 Like

SL revised to 449.5 in ZEEL APR FUT

Happy to see positions like this.

1 Like

Trailing SL hit in ZEEL at 442.5. Exited with 7K Profit.

Sold ibulhsgfin apr 800CE call. Now i am protected up to 750 on downside.

Will wait for my target of 880 till expiry.

2 Likes

Booked IULHSG FIN APR FUT at 880.

Exited the 800 CE at 109.2.

Total Profit - 16.8 K

1 Like

Hey, it’s good that you are getting “progress” with your sim trading.

But have you ever notice that when you trade with real money, you can’t exactly replicate the demo’s!

One professional trader said, not to rely much on demos, as it won’t prep you much for the psychology part. Man, in this game, 80% you got to train the psychology part.

Demo is necessary but don’t go too much into that. You got to taste the real dirt and increase your immunity.

Man, my own views. Like it, hate it. But I ve said it already. Lol

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @ronin_sha.

I agree with you a 200% on psychology part. It is very difficult to control emotions and fear while trading with real money.

Bro… I already tasted too much of dirt in f&o because i did not followed any rules. So i made a set of rules and want to test it before putting in real money.

I can be sure of my procedure/strategy only if i test it for at least 2-3 months with success. Please don’t tell me to start with less qty because trading with 100 qty and 1000 qty are not at all same.

So i will bother you with my posts till another 4 months before posting the real trades.

Thanks in advance bro.

2 Likes

Haha, not a bother at all. Just what I felt at that moment, I wrote. No heats intended.

Mad respect for whomsoever traders who know how hard this game really is. Carry on man. Love it.

1 Like

Hmm… Thanks bro.

What is your trading style? How r u surviving in the market?

1 Like

Well, I fail in most of my trades. But I have an insane RR of 1:8. Doesn’t come often, but it makes sure, that I end green most months.

And I have to admit, if I followed atoz of my trading plan, I ll always end higher than what I get. But, I am fighting my own demons. And this is my biggest demon, trusting my instincts and not the plan. Smtimes your instincts are right but at the end of the month, the plan always is superior.

But hey, we all start from somewhere. I even didn’t know what is stop loss when I started trading. This is a beautiful passion, for those who understand it.

3 Likes