Assigning hotkey’s to Square off open trade positions is a feature you find on Trading Terminals in the west.
A square off hotkey helps you square off open positions in just one key press, with functions like “BUY at BID” or “SELL at ASK” or BUY/SELL at Market Price.
If you are a daytrader, wanting to use this feature on your Pi trading platform, I have found a workaround that is ideal for expert breakout traders / scalpers with a dual monitor setup.
Once fully setup , this technique will help you place square off limit orders in less than 2 seconds with just one mouse click.
1)Instantly place Square off orders to SELL at ASK, BUY at BID.
2)One Right Click order placement, 1 sec order placed at LTP to Square off positions.
3)Helps you save on compromised ASK and BID spreads.
- Mouse Recorder from http://www.mouserecorder.com/
- X-Mouse Button Control from https://www.highrez.co.uk
Pop out the ADMIN WINDOW of pi to a corner of your second monitor, with “SQUARE OFF AT LTP” option ticked.
Record a simple mouse recorder 3 step sequence
a) Assign Mouse click on pixel area “SQUARE OFF” or “SQUARE OFF ALL” button.
b) Followed by a 200ms wait and
c) ENTER key.
On the Mouse recorder software assign the sequence HOTKEY as CTRL Button.
On the X-Mouse button software, simulate right mouse button as CONTROL key.
- From diverting attention off your screen during volatility.
- Placing instant square off LIMIT orders to “SELL at ASK” or “BUY at BID” that matches your LTP.
- Saves you the extra few seconds from having to do manual key press or mouse movements.
Not for beginners, use at your own risk.
Let me know your thoughts.