New margin framework is here - to benefit hedged positions

Does someone holds that much relationship Value with you in form of portfolio and margin money?

I think as conflict of interest. They can’t trade.

So just curious to know the answer. :slight_smile:

1. What is the highest ever profit made by a zerodha trader in f&o (cumulative) and
  2. What is the biggest capital amount one has ever used in Zerodha. Would be interesting to know…
2 Likes

Interesting but i guess nobody would answer that

Hmm… Even a ballpark figure would also suffice… :slight_smile:

ok, so on thursday it will not go to rms or turn into mis trade, if i am getting it correct, can i hold my position till 3 15 pm, and buy next weeks put at that time.

You can.

Try to do as early as possible on thursday.

Is it applicable for currency options too?

Currency options have different expiry cycles

The monthly expiry is on the last Wednesday

The weekly expiry is on each Friday but at 12.30 pm

I mean margin rule I.e. less margin is required for hedged position, is also applicable for currency options too

Yeah.

i did following on rbl bank
150 ce long @ 13 and 180 ce short @ 4.7
margin is coming as on zerodha site

Span Rs. 165

Exposure margin Rs. 7,728

Total margin Rs. 7,893

But actual margin used is around 40,000 INR

Premium values required for buying options aren’t counted in Margin Calculator so even if the margin required is 7893, you still have to pay full premium of 13*1500 for your long position.

1 Like

Does it add up to 40k?

It’s at least 10k off

Nothing. You will have to suffer losses. Zerodha never takes responsibility for losses happening due to technical issues. I faced loss recently due to their server issues but they bluntly shrugged of the responsibility.

Yeah…you mentioned in your old posts that reasonable ROC is 3-4% every month…with new rules what do you think is the new range?

@Simple_Trader slightly higher , i will never use full money , half money only i will use rest i will keep for bufering and adjustment , ya really my income slightly move to 5 % ,

hedging margin means we cannot take full benefit , because market is more volatile , before we take one lot to sell nifty its took 85 k , now with hedge we can sell 5 lots , margin reduced agree but risk is increased , i will alwas stick with my rules … so only we can live long in the market

3 Likes

Hi,
No way to utilzed full benifit of new margin framework due to not allow trading in OTM contract.
This is very frustrating.

In margin calculator it is said 9400 to 10700 allowed for other expiry but I can buy 11600 July option. Can you explain?

1 Like