New user charges Question

Hi, I’m looking to move my mfs to zerodha - have a question about this (for clarification purposes):

1. I plan to sell them, and then rebuy via zerodha - cost will be Rs20 per sip?

2. AMC is Rs300 + gst per 365 days? Is that the only annual charge zerodha takes (are there any other costs when it comes to monthly/quarterly/yearly costs, Coin maintenance etc).

3. Using zerodha for mfs means those funds are actually in zerodha’s name not mine? (What I mean to say is, if I were to want to leave zerodha in the future can I get a portfolio id etc from zerodha to open an account on the AMC websites).

4. Coin, Kite, Sentinel, Console are all included when I signup with zerodha? (no extra charges to get access to them).

Thanks

@Jadax

1. Buying and selling on Coin is absolutely free. ₹20 per order for F&O and Equity intraday trades only. Equity delivery trades are also free.

2. Yes, AMC is charged at Rs 300 yearly(billed quarterly at ₹75 every quarter) if your holding value is more than 2 Lakhs. Read more here.

3. No, the units are purchased in your name and the units are credited to your demat account. So if you choose to move out of Zerodha(which you won’t), you can move the units to another broker or MF platform using a DIS instruction.

1 Like

@MohammedFaisal Thanks, I have follow-up questions:

• Equity and debt funds are store in demat accounts - what are the charges to transfer money from zerodha to back account when withdrawing money (e.g. ultra short debt funds).

• Are there charges when transferring money from bank account to zerodha when investing in mutual funds (I know emandate is free right now, but if not using emandate method).

1. No, there are no charges for withdrawal of funds.
  2. Yes, there are no charges for eMandates(currently). IMPS and NEFT transfers are also free. Transfer through payment gateway is chargeable at Rs 9+GST

@MohammedFaisal Hi,

I am new to Zerodha just signed up a week ago.
Need to know the point no. 4 of first question i.e. coin, kite, sentinel, streak, fundamentals etc which are shown in kite app are they free? or do we have to pay for it?

Also if signed up week ago, so when do I have to pay the AMC of 300 + GST?

And if you have any other suggestions/instructions regarding charges, then it would be beneficial if you would share.

Thanks.

For Coin, Kite, Sentinel, and fundamentals are not charged if you sign up and Streak is chargeable

AMC is charged per quarter (at applicable AMC charges divided by 4) i.e. every three months starting from the date of account opening.

Click here to see the complete list of charges.

The account opening application forms also have tariff sheets with them stating the complete list of charges.

1 Like

I believe you will need to pay Rs. 20+gst demat charges when you sell/redeem your units via Coin

Why would you want to sell your existing MFs just to move to a new platform? There would be tax implications for you. There are no charges for investing - just redemption as mentioned earlier.

You can transfer your units from Zerodha demat ac to an account with another demat provider. However, these units cannot be “transferred” to the account you open on AMC websites. You can have investment in the same MF from multiple sources - from Coin, Paytm, ETMoney, direct from respective websites etc etc. There are no issues with this - except the inconvenience of monitoring these investments from separate platforms.

No charges. Coin is completely free.

Is POA required to redeem mutual funds? Is it required for any Coin transactions?