newbie... hear me out!!

i lost 200 rs and 250 in charges… i made like 30 executions in 3days trying to gain something… i want to learn, im really trying hard… but how?

complete varsity first.

1 Like

Stop trading try to learn how to manage a portfolio first before you decide to trade. If you are not successful managing a portfolio most probably you will lose in trading individual securities.

2 Likes

I heard you out!!! Now YOU, hear me out…

Money does not come free so do not throw it away. I am sure you must have worked hard for the money you currently have. Try to invest in cash segment to start with, understand and then just do what @maddy_Des says.

2 Likes

Hey. Its very exiting to start your journey as a trader / investor in the stock market. Somewhere you’ve started to believe that the stock market will help you achieve your financial goals / freedom.

Trust me, don’t jump right into it. There are a couple of phases you need to mentally pass through to actually benefit from the market.

My suggestion is

1. Complete the varsity app.
  2. Open a paper trading portfolio and allocate a capital equal to the capital you can put upfront.
  3. Start your real capital accumulation phase. Every month just keep adding some money to your trading account / bank account. Do not start trading until you’ve reached a decent capital. (atleast 1 lakh).
  4. Along the way, be involved in the market news and adjust your paper portfolio.
  5. Build your trading system. Are you a swing trader / BTST trader / FnO trader / Long term Positional? Follow some experts on social media and learn their approach / risk appetite and how they approach their trades. Finally build your trading rules.
  6. Once you’ve accumulated your capital AND have been profitable / able to accept your losses, start real trading.

In my limited understanding, the stock market is a place where wealth is transferred from the inexperienced, impatient to the experienced, patient traders. So don’t be in a FOMO hurry to jump right in.

People who make money on the market have been making money during good times and even during bad times. Your time will also come. Trust the process.

1 Like

“Learn from the best and leave the rest” get some books and start experimenting in market you will learn a lot of things start small.