Nitin had told that zerodha has moved prop.trading to under the different company! Can you pls tell me do zerodha do prop.trading in equity cash and its futures options only . OR zerodha also prop.trade in currency and commodity?

.Nitin had told that zerodha has moved prop.trading to under the different company! 

Can you pls tell me do zerodha do prop.trading in equity cash and its futures options only .
OR zerodha ALSO prop.trade in currency and commodity?.

It may do on currencies also but how does it matter when nithin told it is moved.

Nitin had told that zerodha do prop.trading in delta alpha neutral strategy .

I think This is majorly possible with the combinations of cash equity future and options call put .

Commodity and currency don’t have trading in underlying and low liquidity in options call put

That is the reason i ask do zerodha ALSO prop.trade in currency and commodity ?

Request pls kindly reply…

No commodities and cds , but cds options are fairly liquid though.

Zerodha has lakhs of active clients trading on its board everyday .
Do zerodha or Truebeacon; use the trade data of those clients for its own use and benefit or advantage or pre trade or post trade ;
directly or indirectly?

If they use or if they don’t use ; the question is how do we as retail traders come to know ?
How do we protect ourselves ?

My individual opinion and not as employee of Zerodha.

There is no way to front run based on retail order data. Also in India all trades happen on exchanges unlike in US where orders can be routed to any individual player or broker itself can act as counter party.

Also few years ago brokers used to trade with client money instead their own but that is stopped by regulator.

So, instead worrying on these things better to ignore these kind of theories when you hear from someone and put efforts on gaining knowledge.

2 Likes