No additional intraday leverages from Aug 2021 in Indian capital markets

@maddy_Des i think this guy is the one most affected by SEBI circular :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He made a youtube video to appeal SEBI about freak trade (Rainbows and Unicorns)! I thought he will talk some sense about intraday leverage for retail traders, but it was just a nonsense! wth he is talking about?

khoda pahad nikla chuha

2 Likes

Hey Siva please reply
Say I am using a hedging strategy of buy option of one strike than sell other strike option, than do I get the leverage of 4 times on this hedged position or not??

Leverage or margin benefit?

Leverage

No, you won’t get intraday leverage in the future. You will get margin benefit for the overnight position.

Also in suppose banknifty fut mis margin would be same as nrml from dec 2020? And co would be there or not like you will temporarily allow like you are doing right now in crude

Small correction, we are allowing CO in crude, you should able to place order.

Then both nrml and mis/co will have same margins.

It will have stop loss, if you don’t want then don’t use it.

Then why does @siva say from dec all mis co nrml margin will be same when you are saying it will reduce in phased manner

Yes, they go in phases for fo, I meant once all leverages are gone.

Also since you guys provide only 2x leverage in mis until 50 percent phase margin of mis would be same right in banknifty fut and crude oil fut

any one? @nithin

Yeah, you are right.

Sir I want to know that will T+2 system be applied on F&O also
For example Yesterday I did shorting of 1 lot of banknifty , so around 1 lac blocked
Today I square off my position , then would this amount be available for me today to take another trade or I will have to wait for two days

You don’t have to wait to use the funds, The margin released from square-off of Short Options position or Futures position can be used immediately, there is no restriction on that.

Currently the margin of banknifty mis order per lot is approx Rs30000. Let me know by dec2020 what would be the approx margin for MIS?

Margins will reduce in phased manner, from Dec 2020 to Feb 2020, minimum margin requirement will be 25% of SPAN + Exposure. So, NRML margin for Bank Nifty Futures is 120k, MIS margin requirement will be minimum 25% of this ie. 30,000.

From March 2021 to May 2021, minimum requirement is 50% of SPAN + Exposure, ie. it will be 60,000.

From June 2021 to August 2021, minimum requirement is 75% of SPAN + Exposure, ie. 90,000.

Post August 2021, you will require 100% SPAN + Exposure for MIS.

Wt abt stocks which have 3x or 5x margin ??

1 Like

What will happen to BO/CO margins? Will they also be reduced, in line with MIS margins?
2nd question- what will be the fate of high leverage options from brokers (like optionplus from icici, samco etc.)? Will they be abolished?