Not able to exit pfc sell pe, what is the solutions

You will get margin benefits for hedged positions, you can calculate the margin requirements here.

You will get shares of PFC. The shares will be delivered to you at the strike price of the contract, i.e 150 in this case.

When I will get those PFC shares on my dmat account? after DEC expiry or Jan date @ShubhS9

1 Like

Ideally, you will receive the physically settled shares in your demat account on 2nd Jan(T+2nd Day) and the same will be visible in your holdings from 3rd Jan onwards.

In case, if there’s a short delivery, the exchange will conduct an auction settlement on the T+3rd day and the delivery of shares in your demat account will be on the T+4th day. Here, T-day is the expiry day.

Note: If the exchange is unable to procure the shares in the auction settlement, the transaction will be settled in cash based on the close-out price. To know more, refer to this support article.

1 Like

What IF I sell DEC future PFC on Monday, will still have to delivery of PFC PE sell ?

On the day of expiry if DEC 150 PE expires ITM, then the physical delivery obligation will be netted-off and you won’t have to take delivery of shares.

1 Like

Future sell expiry should be same month? , as I have sell position PFC sell on Jan expiry and PFC PE sell DEC expiry

Can I switch future future sell from Jan to Dec to avoid physical delivery obligation

Yes, expiry needs to be the same.

You will have to square-off position in January expiry and then take position in Dec expiry futures. If you have sufficient funds, you won’t need to square-off position in Jan futures, just take position in Dec futures.

Can I switch future sell Jan expiry to Dec expiry future sell on the day of expiry day or Monday when market opens?

Don’t wait till expiry…(as it requires more margin) , just do it on Monday.

1 Like

thank you

and use basket order feature for simultaneously exiting from Jan expiry and taking position in December expiry future.

how to use order feature ? @Stonecold

For mobile version follow this :-

and for Web Version follow this:-

After I create sell position PFC Dec future on Monday . shall I let expiry till Dec with 150 PE sell,
Will not be any penalty or something, on both positions on expiry day?
PFC 150 PE sell DEC + Dec PFC Dec expiry

No penalty for letting your net-off positions expire, but make sure to maintain sufficient margins in your trading account.

And yeah, the physical delivery margin will be blocked for both legs separately.

For the future and short options positions, 40% of the contract value or SPAN and Exposure(Whichever is higher) will be blocked as physical delivery margins.

You can check this support article to know more.

I did not understand, Can you explain with example? how much sufficient margins I need to maintain? @Aswath

For the future and short options positions, 40% of the contract value or SPAN and Exposure(Whichever is higher) will be blocked as physical delivery margins.

Contract value formula:

For Options: Qty * Strike price: Contract value for PFC 150 PE will be Rs.9,30,000, so 40% of the contract value is Rs.3,72,000.

For futures: Qty * LTP/settlement price: Let’s assume the LTP is Rs.132 on the expiry day, so the future contract value will be Rs.8,18,400 and the 40% of the contract value is Rs.3,27,360.

In this case, the required Physical delivery margin on the expiry date would be approximately Rs.6,99,360.

Note: If the SPAN and Exposure are higher than 40% of the contract value, then the SPAN and Exposure will be blocked as PD margin.

Your limit buy order should be same as the ask price. Then you can exit

hey why cant you close ur existing pe sell (by buying 150 pe) .
why complicate by buying future or hedging.
Closing ur position is the safest option, i think.
@ShubhS9 can clarify.