Novice Trader - Dhina's trading Diary

I got interested in stock markets 5 years back. I have been a long term investor in the sense my average holding period is around 3 Years. I always wondered about trading and having gone through lot of materials I now wanted to test the waters. This post is to track my trades. I am planning to do positional trading and decided to trade only in NIFTY options. I will buy when I see a reversal from current tread and planning to take the position when there is recognizable candle stick. If I don’t see any opportunity, I will stay away from taking position.

I will update this post when I place any order.

Looking forward for all your reviews and comments.

3 Likes

Dhina, would it be possible for you to share your trades in the Weekly trading diary thread? In that way the participation and discussions would be more around your posts as it is already an active thread.

1 Like

@dhina_karan
I WAS LONG IN BANK NIFTY WEEKLY 25800 CE @ 122.45, TARGET 150. BUT SOLD IN A HURRY @ 127.3 , AS WAS NERVOUS, IN MY FIRST LIVE TRADE IN BANK NIFTY, AND IT WENT TILL 135.
STILL HOPE IT WILL TOUCH MY TARGET

@dhina_karan
TOUCHED HEIGHT OF 146 AFTER.

1 Like

@Srinivas Yes I will. That is the whole purpose of this thread. I have not made any trade yet. I am waiting for a recognizable pattern. I will log my trades here by the end of every day.

1 Like

@vijender88
BOUGHT BANKNIFTY 25800PE @107 SOLD @ 129 , BUT TILL NOW 169 ACHIEVED.
I GOT NURVOUS AND BOOK EARLY, ALTHOUGH IN PROFIT.

BUT MY THUMBRULE NOT TO ENTER TRADE AGAIN IN GREED.

@vijender88
MADE HIGH 176

@vijender88 It is good that you are able to predict it accurately. This thread is meant to log my trading activities as a beginner and to get reviews. If you could, post your trades in a separate thread that would be great.

@dhina_karan

sir these are my first trade after i learnt about stocks and options and wiping out 1L inr.
although its your’s. so i’m sorry to post here.
bye and good luck

No trades in last week. Could not find any opportunity in NIFTY. Will take a position this week, if I see any recognizable candle stick.

Bought NIFTY17NOV10400CE.

stop loss hit. Booked loss. Bought at 57.45. Sold at 29.15. Will post the details when I take the next trade.

Bought Nifty 10200 PE Dec Expiry @ 66.85

Hello Dhina,

Any strategic reason why you opted to go for this position. Could you please explain

Vignesh, I trade based on candle stick patterns combined with support and resistance.

Sold Nifty 10200 PE Dec Expiry @ 170. Buy price @ 66.85

1 Like

I don’t understand why you have created separate Thread for your Trading.
Please Join the Weekly Thread.

@Lets_Invest The sole purpose of this thread is to log my trading activities and to get reviewed by the fellow members. Being a beginner in trading, I dont want to clutter any of the existing trading thread. Also i dont think i can add value to any of the existing thread. I neither have enough trading skills nor experience. So I started a new thread.

Also be it a loss or gain, I do post the trade. Actually I post it here immediately after placing the trade.

If You wanna continue you can no problem :+1:
If You will post in Weekly For sure your Trades will get reviewed by fellow Members.

There is no age for learning and in Trading Everyday is a New. We learn from eachother.

It’s a Community Of Traders and every trade Teach us something.
It’s not about Trading skills it’s about contribution for Traders community.

You can do this in Weekly Thread also.
People will learn from you.

Thank you.

2 Likes

@Lets_Invest Another point, I take around 2 to 3 trades per month. November series, I have placed only 2 trades. So I thought it would be better to create a separate thread. As I told, trading is totally new to me. Thanks for taking time to reply. I really appreciate it. Looking forward for more comments and guidance.

1 Like