NREs Investing in Mutual Funds

Hello All,

This is my first question so please excuse for any irrelevant question.

Are there any restrictions for NRE’s (based in UK with OCI card ) investing in mutual funds ?
If there are none then NRE’s can invest from their NRE account on fully ‘Repatriable’ basis ?
If there are none then NRE’s can invest from their NRO account on fully ‘Repatriable’ basis ?
Are there any restrictions on type of funds I can invest ?

Tax Implications

What are the tax implications if I invest in Debt funds ?
What are the tax implications if I invest in Equity Funds ?
What are the tax implications if I invest in Balanced Funds? ( 80% Equity 20% Debt)
How the tax man classify in case if I sell all the units of a particular fund and that funds falls under which category.

I did bit of reading on the tax implication but nothing is clear to me.

Last question

Zerodha - Coin platform - allows NRIs to invest via their platform ?
What is the difference between investing directly with the fund house vs Investing directly via CAMS ( all the mutual funds are now sending their statements to this platform where investor can consolidate all the investments at one place, and CAMS itself allows investor to invest via their platform ) vs investing via Zerodha Coin

Are there any index tracked funds in India that are not physically managed by fund manager instead by a computer Algo. ?
I have gone through my existing investments in india (invested before I became OCI ) none of the fund offer document gives a clear picture of charges other than entry and exit load.

I am more interested in all the charges like

Distributor charges (if my investment is via a Distributor, I have a SIP setup via a financial advisor)
Fund Maintenance Charges
Any other fixed or variable charges ( I am aware taxes levied by SEBI / Government etc… )

Thanks for giving your time to read this long posting.

Regards
Rafi