Option to start MF in true SIP mode from the start?

This week Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund reduced the SIP amount for new registrations to Rs.2500 while existing SIPs active on the fund can continue to invest up to ₹25,000.
Source: https://www.livemint.com/mutual-fund/mf-news/mirae-asset-emerging-bluechip-fund-limits-fresh-sip-registration-to-rs-2-500p-m-11604555183182.html

Given that Coin treats every SIP as a lumpsum investment instead of a true SIP this puts people on the platform at a disadvantage. From pervious replies I know Zerodha has said in the event of such a scenario they will enable true SIP mode. But that doesn’t seem possible here / I am unable to filter funds to see which ones have AMC SIP mode enabled.

Is there a way to choose true SIP mode on Coin from the start itself to avoid such a scenario in future? Is it expensive / technically complex to enable this across all the funds by default?

@Bhuvan can you.

We have enabled an AMC sip (traditional sip) for this fund. You can invest in it from the Coin app

How do I filter to see only the funds that have AMC SIP mode enabled?

AMC SIP is currently available for only two schemes Mirae Emerging Bluechip Fund and SBI Small Cap Fund. For more details you can read this.

1 Like