Option trading from us in india

I called tdameritrade for my option application actually and so on they said i can only trade on long positions and covered calls so is there any loophole or any way i can trade on short positions and puts so i can trade easily without any hesitation?

Ideally you are not allowed to trade in US options under LRS as they are leveraged products. But if you call US brokers they won’t object it as they are not regulated by Indian regulators.

Yes, you can trade options in US or any other foreign country (legally permitted) from India. … There are many brokers in India like ICICIDirect, Kotak etc., who offer an Overseas Trading account that allows Resident Indians to trade in US stock exchanges!!!

One can trade equities under LRS but not options( FNO), are you saying ICICI and kotak allow US option trading?

One of my friend inquired about the same at Kotak and found that the taxes involved in realising any profits are huge. Upon comparison he suggested to rather invest through mutual fund route (PPFA AMC is one I know)