Order window Updates: Quick Order Window, Amount, and Lot Switch

Use sticky window and press exit market order
or
create a basket and exit with multiple orders

for now only these are possible

Utilizing Sticky orders, Iceberg and Basket orders can greatly expedite your process of placing multiple orders.

How to do the same from mobile. In mobile I can select multiple legs and exit by long pressing the legs and selecting multiple legs. If the qty is more than the freeze quantity how to do. Also while placing an SL how to place qty more than freeze quantity. Pls attach a video / GIF.

When we do multiple exits, we cannot currently place orders that exceed the freeze quantity.

Please see the support articles hyperlinked here. Step-by-step instructions have been provided.

Sticky orders , Iceberg, Basket orders

This is much needed. Especially when any gamma move is there. Due to the feature not avialable leading to slippages in executing multiple orders.

Please remove this feature as the default option. For people who use incognito mode, you have to select ‘regular’ every time. IMO, making a new feature as the default option makes absolutely zero sense. I see other people complaining about this as well:

As it is, Nifty & Sensex are there by default at the top, which you have to change every time if you’re using incognito mode, now another annoying thing has been added…

And also, should have had the ‘regular’ order in the same position as before (extreme left), now there’s the ‘quick’ order in that position, which takes that just slight extra time if you’re switching between ‘regular’ & ‘iceberg’ orders…

I’d said this in 2021, and it still holds true…

Have you noticed, once placed order using QUICK, you cannot modify it later!!! If it feature or penalty in disguise?

Nothing like that, please double check again, if you face it you can take a video and post it here.

@Arockiya_Raja Hello! Any updates on the MTF front?

1 Like

If you use incognito to login with a different id than the one used in the normal window,. You can try these steps; it should help you login with multiple ids in the browser, and caches will not be cleared.

The majority of users only use limit or market orders. We wish to keep things simple; if anyone wants to use different orders, they can. It will be remembered for the next time.

Typically, users cannot switch between product types in the modify window. Regular to AMO/Iceberg. The same applies here. If you are comfortable with the regular order window. Please select it when you open the order window from MarketWatch; it will be remembered the next time.

1 Like

WIP. We have started testing it. It should be ready soon. :smiley:

2 Likes

No, that’s not why I’m using incognito. I use only one account per browser.

For that, even the previous ‘regular’ orders did the job, why even introduce ‘quick’ orders?

Like I said, that doesn’t work for incognito mode.

You and the team might have the right intentions, but again, like I said, that’s not how it translates in the final product for a lot of the things.

How Nice!

This entire thing is only for CNC? Not for Intraday? I’m unable to set it for Intraday. @Arockiya_Raja

1 Like

You can select intraday as shown below.

Man! I’m talking about, adjusting the quantity when i enter the amount feature.

And this feature really need for CNC? SERIOUSLY?

I’m sure investor’s will calculate it manually, they won’t use this feature, 100s of times a day. Im unable to understand, from where you’ll get such great ideas. Once question yourself? This feature really needed for investors? Or traders? The one who actually need to calculate many times in a day is trader And again half baked potato work from you guys. No wonder!

It’s not working for intraday

3 Likes

Yeah, makes more sense for mis.

1 Like

@Arockiya_Raja

Anything can be done?

1 Like

You’re right, introducing an amount switch for MIS could potentially increase its usage. We also believe it could be beneficial for investors.

When we were developing this feature, we had discussions about this. At the moment, the calculation takes place in the UI, based on the data available on the front end. However, calculating the MIS quantity requires leverage details. Unfortunately, it’s not something we can incorporate right now. This is also why we haven’t enabled the amount switch for NFO.

We have this on our radar! We’re planning to tackle this in the next phase of our development.

1 Like

@Speaker , Don’t limit your thinking. I’m a swing trader, and I trade breakouts. That means I need to place buy orders quickly when a breakout happens. Calculating the right amount of shares to buy based on my account size takes time. So, this feature has been really helpful for me and other swing traders. I’ve been using it since day one.

1 Like