OTP/ Fingerprint as 2FA for Zerodha login?

Fully agree with you. The login and 2FA should continue as it is in my opinion. It’ need to be ONLY ONCE each day unlike in many other sites where if your system is inactive for more 15 mts gain you have to login fully again. This isonly once a DAY and then all you require is to unlock your pc, tab or smart phone.
I fully vote for the current set up. The system has to be rigorours especially when you have all your hard earned money within that.

OTP can be troublesome and expensive for people who are abroad. Also I have seen trouble with finger prints in case of elder people. These aspects also need to be considered.

1. Heard of Google Authenticator 2FA app?
  2. User can choose whether to stick with these Q&A or switch to OTP.
  3. OTP can be provided either on Kite app OR sent to registered mobile OR sent to registered email.
    So user chooses his preferred 2FA.

Exchange regulations do not allow us to use TouchID (iOS) as 2FA. We’ve asked.

Let’s not forget something… It all comes down to security of your trading account…

• If your fingerprints are hacked, you can never change them.
  • If your 2 questions are hacked, you can always change them.
3 Likes

What about Google Authenticator 2FA?
or
OTP to your email/mobile?

Let the users decide whether they want to go for OTP or the traditional way of answering the questions. But at least give them option to decide for themselves. Instead of forcing to answer 2 questions at every login.

Hi Rupesh, suggest you read Harshajyoti_Das answer, above. After all ultimately what is important is the safety of your account.

bad idea

except for aadhaar

What is safe according to you and why do you think its the best solution?

Finally, Google Authenticator based TOTP has been implemented for login.

Bhagwan ke ghar der hai… andher nahi :sweat_smile:

But reading my post from 2018 is making me feel old now :frowning:

1 Like

When login at kite web. the otp comes to mobile only. can it come to email also. sometime mobile otp gets delayed or doesnt come.

@saurabhshares, the OTP is sent both via SMS as well as to your registered email ID.

@ShubhS9 Actually I mean to say “2FA App Code” . For Kite web login, I have to go and first login to mobile app. For that I have to give username/password → and then SMS/email otp. then register biometric. Ones there login I have to generate “2FA App Code”.
And then come to kite web. and login.

Very tedious and slow .

On app, you can enable device lock, after this you won’t have to enter SMS OTP each time you login to app.

Alternatively, you can also enable TOTP, after this App Code will not be required for logging in to Kite web and TOTP apps can be installed on your desktop/laptop too. You can check the process here.

I have two logins. so this may not be helpful.
I will try the other option.

While others like Aditya birla send you sms/email the moment you login and one can use that immediately to log-in. Is this not possible. ?

Can’t you enable biometric? I can do it in finvasia which has made the login process quick and easy.