Paytm lists at huge discount ! đŸ˜©

Where ?
In CNBC interview or in some other platform ?

2 Likes

paytm makes a cool comebback of more than 40% from lows
made high of 1873 

what triggered a 45% rise will remain a mystery :joy:

Yeah for a yolo trader, long term means 4-5 days :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

yup u r ryt
should have done that :sweat_smile: :grin:

Exactly, I had told you. Just keeping name as Yolo doesn’t count. You should have acted as one and you would have been rich by now.

They wanted to give me an exit. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Macquarie’s trgt of 1240 on listing day was successfully hit and they have once again come with a coverage of trgt of 900. really crazy

saw this on kush katakia’s twitter.

Why is paytm finding it tough to go up? which price will offer value to long term investors? I have been forced to become a long term investor in this
shit

Lol. Consider this notional loss as your investment in long term learnings :slight_smile:

What’s your opinion on Paytm at this price point of 912 rs? Fundamentally, it looks like a good time to buy, in my opinion.

Personally, I love Paytm product (Paytm app, paytm money, paytm mall etc). 60k market cap seems too low for Paytm, considering in the next 5-10 years, online transactions will skyrocket.

1 Like

Target of 900 by macquarie almost hit in 2 weeks. WOW

this is brutal fall

1 Like

My only problem with paytm is that it is trying to do too many things at the same time without really focusing to be a leader anywhere. And that is why it is getting hammered.
Yes online transaction will skyrocket but will paytm be beneficiary to it? That is something I am not sure about. I mean Paytm is struggling with UPI, others have taken over and wallet business is also coming under pressure. Also with new guidelines expected on MDR limit for wallets, revenue might be hit there too.
Paytm Mall is now used only to sell cheap Chinese stuff. Paytm money is good, but again because it is providing all its service for free.

Yes everybody loves paytm. Frankly, If you start selling 100 rs. note for 80 rs. definitely everybody will love that product. Question is how long can you survive with that model. And will people still love you when you try to sell that note for 102?

So frankly I am unable to make up my mind.

3 Likes

We can spend 100rs offline without thinking twice, but we do think twice when spending 100rs online.

This habbit is gonna change. We all agree online transactions will increase by soo much in next 5-10 years.

True, paytm is focusing on too many things, but that is also a plus point. Its about taking a leap of faith at this point. I like paytm products, they are making good products, and sooner or later, I believe consumers will also come to paytm. Not saying, it might become market leader. But multiple applications can coexist, since the market will be big. Just like multiple banks are coexisting (HDFC, ICICI, SBI etc).

you asked for my opinion and I gave that :slight_smile:
If you believe in the business, well there is fire sale going on. Lap it up with both hands :wink:

Yes multiple applications can co-exist but can multiple applications co-exist making super duper profits simultaneously? That is something I doubt.

There is anyways hardly any money to be made in payments. Everyone intends to use payments as habit forming mechanism and then use lending to make money. And lending is going to be hell lot of difficult then payment to crack and make money. And there competition will be this same ICICI, HDFC and SBI :slight_smile:

With the valuations they have of 10-15 billion dollars +, surviving or co-existing alone is not an option. They need to make lot of money to justify it.

4 Likes

UPI is bringing its own wallet. Paytm will lose even wallet share too. It will even work without internet. :open_mouth:

[UPI’s own ‘On device’ digital wallet soon: Small spends won’t clutter your bank passbook - The Economic Times (indiatimes.com)](https://)

2 Likes

I was watching closing bell on cnbctv18

They had shankar sharma as an host. If possible watch this his views were strong on the new age ipo listed last year. Just watch and take a call

Closing bell. Cnbctv18 dt 24.01.2023 aired at 2 pm Indian time

1 Like

Do we have to wait for an year for it to be aired? :crazy_face:

1 Like

corrigendum

Please read it as 24.01.2022.

Tried to be a very meticulous person by giving date time and channel name, but backfired.

This is life.

Thanks @Jason_Castelino

You are way ahead in time. Most of us make mistake with date by writing the previous year. Everytime I have to write date I give a small pause to make sure am not writing the previous year and you have written the next year. Hehehhehe. Anyways. I was just seeing he lighter side in my previous reply. Cheers. :grimacing:

Time stamp: watch from 10.11. Rest is just the same old routine. Wonder why he has such strong views on new age IPO.

I wonder if he had the same strong views at the time of IPO. If he had and if it was aired maybe few retail investors would not have invested.

Never heard any expert at the time of the IPO with such strong views. People used to say it is too much over hyped and overpriced but nothing so strong.

1 Like