Peak margin, Intraday leverages, & 2nd order effects - Dec 1st 2020

please give month end statistics

Is this (80% availability) applicable to selling even cash like instruments LiquidBEES etc?

This will be applicable even if you are selling Liquidbees. 80% will be available immediately, while 20% will be blocked for the day and will be available from the next trading day.

All decisions are not unfriendly to retail trader. Margin benefit for hedged position is very friendly to retail trader/investor.

What happens in stock options margin during last three days of monthly expiry?

This should help you:

ok. thanks

so if my otm option become itm, then the additional margin requirements will not come under peak margin requirements?

The physical delivery margins for Long ITM Options is collected by the exchange from expiry minus 4 days, this will come under peak margin reporting.

1 Like

if my otm option suddenly becomes itm on monday or tuesday. will my peak margin requirements shoot up?

Yes, your margin requirement will increase if your Long OTM Option turns ITM.

For example. Reliance spot is 1995 on Friday. If i have bought 1 lot reliance future and 1 lot of 2000CE, and sold 2 lots of 2100CE . What if reliance jumps to 2050 on Monday, How my peak margin requirements will change. Also tell me which which option leg should I square off first?

Waiting for reply?

For example. Reliance spot is 1995 on Friday. If i have bought 1 lot reliance future and 1 lot of 2000CE, and sold 2 lots of 2100CE . What if reliance jumps to 2050 on Monday, How my peak margin requirements will change. Also tell me which which option leg should I square off first?

It is hard to tell. Just maintain sufficient margins in your account and you will be fine.

You should square-off, Short leg first and then Long leg.

i got short margin msg from zerodha as i accidently squared off long position first…will i receive penalty for it (i maintained margin within next 5 minutes)? @ShubhS9 @siva

If peak margin screenshot is taken during that 5 mins and anyhow currently 25% of margin is enough, so I don’t think so you will get penalty but not assuring you.

If i already placed cnc amo buy and initiated new regular cnc buy after market opening and if sold both amo + regular trades on that day itself in short time , will the cnc trade treated as intraday ( though taken in cnc ) and full funds will be available for next trade cnc trade or 80% only available for next cnc trades ?

Will the available funds shown immediately after any trades taken or sold with margin cuts if any or will have some delays in showing funds or only shown at end of the days if did multiple trades with same amount ?
Thanks.

Buying and Selling on same day will be considered as Intraday trade only, irrespective if the product type (MIS, CNC) selected. When you square-off your position 100% of the funds will be available for trading. However, if you have made any profit, that will be available only after it is settled in T+2 days.

Funds will be available immediately when you square-off your position.

1 Like

Thanks Shubhs , if suppose exceeded my free cash limits ,say also having collteral margins , can i do intraday trade by selecting cnc option or only should select intraday option with collateral margins ?