Phishing Scam in Name of Zerodha

@nithin @Bhuvan @siva

TOTP is implemented now but even then it is scary when i read the story of prabhuswamy hiremath. Now what is this company salasar exterior? Which phishing site is in circulation now which resembles zerodha?

Zerodha does it’s best to keep investors and traders aware but it’s lost cause if investors and traders don’t follow the rules Zerodha mentioned on that post and enter their login credentials on fake sites or trade in illiquid scrips based on tips. Zerodha tries to do it’s best, it’s also end users responsibility to follow the rules.

Not that sir. I wanted to know which site and sms from which number and what that particular scrip is and how it happened

For educating our forum members i am attaching some more details which is available in twitter on this phishing site. Not sure how many such sites are there

Check this post. You will be able to see more of these fake sms/emails.

These scamsters don’t use only one site, SMS service or number. They always change these things which is why it is hard to stop them,

Will all option scripts be available if totp enabled irrespective of liquidity.

They will be available, however you have to login to Kite using TOTP if you want to trade in these risky, illiquid scrips, if you haven’t logged in using TOPT and try to trade in this scrips, your orders will be rejected. Read more in detail here https://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradezerodha/kite/mandatory-totp-for-illiquid-risky-contracts

Can I disable totp in future and get back to normal.

You can, Just logout of your account and use ‘Forgot Password’ option to reset your account credentials.