Please Focus on PI

@nithin @NithinKamath @hanan
at least add “order from the chart” , “EAs”, “scripted alerts” etc to web platform.

2 Likes

Well I dont think so.

Pi is probably facing problems of its own success. May be its not built for current level of high usage.

I think thats what new discount online brokers are aimimg at. There are fee new guys coming up with really lean and fast desktop trading platforms

Watch ouy Zerodha.

need to focus on Buy/Sell and Position ease. thats what all Trading Platforms are about.

Is Zerodha working on making Pi for MacOs?
A lot of my friends who have MacBooks are facing this problem as Kite is not stable and full time traders need a full fledged trading software.

Thanks for Bringing Linux support for PI… I am new here not a Trader but interested in trading so scouting the available resources… As a Lon time Linux user I require Linux support, but no body is bothering. But if PI can be merged with KITE a truly cross-platform web enabled will do some wonder… They said they are using third party developed solution… so it is their backache not to modify what is perceived as work for them…Thanks

@nithin @NithinKamath @hanan
Hey,
When are you going to kill this joke of a trading platform?
Any date decided for pulling the trigger?
I am all pro life and all but Euthanasia seems to be the best way to free Pi from its suffering.
My eye moistens and heart is saddened to see such a horrible fate of a someone “Born” with gifts that none else have – backtesting, EAs, order from chart – and still couldn’t capitalize on those gifts.
Well, such a talent wasted.
RIP in advance

2 Likes

If Pi gets killed I will be forced to move out of zerodha…Pi is the only thing which has kept me glued so far…It is the best thing that has happened to retail trading community of India so far…

1 Like

Not advertising anyone or bad mouthing the other, but after weeks of frustration in a relationship, finally I started hitting out bar again, checking out and everything.
Ok…cutting the crap…they implemented order from the chart in HTML5 webpage itself
So for a time being m gonna trade with them.
So warning call Zerodha…we don’t have any prenups…you are losing your attractiveness here…and I gotta all the money!!!

1 Like

@nithin @NithinKamath The reason we’ve joined Zerodha is not for 20rs brokerage or free delivery, The one and only reason we’ve opened an account with Zerodha is because of your Trading platform Pi, so please upgrade it. Atleast please respond, Thank you. @Nikhil_Verma @venkatzerodha @smchougale2 @haribabu @durgeshh @abhra @maddy_Des @Afroninja

I never said that we are killing Pi or not going to upgrade. Pi is managed by a startup called Tradelab, and they are continuously working on this. Kite is managed by our internal tech team. If you have any feature requests on Pi, do let us know.

About the refresh rate bit on Kite, we have already started streaming more ticks. For backtesting/expert advisors bit, we have something really exciting on the web coming up. Think of a quantopian for non-programmers.

10 Likes

@nithin
Feature request?
Well, make PI work!

1 Like

@nithin first make your pi reliable then only ask for feature upgrades.Pi never worked in morning hours from 9.15 to 9.30 and also during volatility.crashing issue is not yet resolved.

1 Like

Pls add spread order in pi

@nithin
You know what happens when market/cos is in uptrend, expansion mode for a long time w/o any short term consolidation? You know, don’t you?
For sake of a holy bull, please focus more on consolidating what Zerodha is already offering, and that too with hurry. You are putting too many menus on the card w/o perfecting any. See McD or KFC or *B - they make more money than some fancy high end multi cuisine restaurants.

1 Like

Hi All,

Newbie here. Had a question.

How do I open an Index chart in PI? For example Nifty or BNF chart.

I tried a lot but couldn’t figure it out.

Sorry for the newb doubt :frowning:

Regards

In any market watch select NSE -> Normal -> indices (in place of Eq)

Check this post.

Thank you Nitin.

I am still unable to figure out how to open the candlestick chart of Bank Nifty in Pi.

I have added it to the list of Indices in Preferences,

Sorry and thank you for the help.

In Market watch (DefaultMW) if you see at top there is a row with multiple blank spaces with drop down.

Fill them as shown below

Now click add.
Once added go to index, right click and click chart.
New chart of Nifty 50 index will open.

1 Like

Got it, awesome. Thank you!