Pledging of securities - Zerodha vs others, why the difference?

Hi.A few days back I created a pledge on one of my script successfully,I am using the margin from that script for intraday trading in equity. Today I decided to pledge another script,but I am getting an error,which says that my fno segment in not active so I cant pledge. kindly check the pblm. I am attaching a SS. ( I have only equity segment on my account but I dont think that is the reason,because just a few days back I got an another script pledged successfully)

Hi Pravin, request you to raise a ticket at support.zerodha.com

ShubhS9 sir,I did raise a ticket after your reply which has remained unattended till today.

Can you give ticked id?

Informed team.

Your team said that only those who have fno account can pledge their securities as the margin is usable for FnO trading. But last I heard that the margin is usable for intraday equity cash too. Infact I have been using the margin obtained from pledging balrampur chini for intraday cash segment.Can someone verify if I am right/wrong.

We don’t accept pledge if there is no fno account because at cc(clearing corporation) we repledge them and they need fno segment enabled to give margins.

1 Like

But a few days back I was able to pledge balramchin without any issue.