Hi, fellow traders, I would like to ask one question. What if a person is a full time trader and don’t have any other source of income. Then what will be their proof of income. More specifically if I ask, when we go embassies of different countries, proof of employment is needed to be showed. In that case what will be the supporting document for a full time trader? If you guys kindly reply. Thanks in advance.

Hi @srijonmajumder
Please refer to this article. Any one of the below documents will be accepted as income proof in Zerodha:

  • Bank statement for the last 6 months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000.
  • The latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000.
  • ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
  • Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
  • Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
  • Statement of Demat holdings with holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.

Embassies asks for proof of employment only if you indicate that you are employed somewhere. For Self employed person, embassy need proof of income, which can be provided in form of bank statements and past ITRs

1 Like

Yes I understand. Thank you!