Protecting Option writers

Hi @nithin and @siva ,

I know that you guys always strive to protect traders and investors by providing various educational materials and coming up with many innovative features in kite.

But I realized Zerodha doesn’t allow “SL-M” or “Market” orders in options due to liquidity issues. I know this is logical to some extent but how can option writers protect their positions during free fall markets or when they are away from markets and their SL is not triggered?

I recently lost tons of money last week when Reliance shot up like 10% in a day and my SL was not triggered. Don’t you think there should be a way to protect option traders as well? :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it’s OK to warn traders about the consequences of placing SL-M or market but completely stopping them seems unfair. It’s like an incessant effort from SEBI trying to restrict fno traders instead of educating them.

Thanks,
Raj.

In that case one need to give some difference to trigger and limit. Also nothing can save a gap up or down.

Thanks @siva

A couple questions:

1. If we give a huge difference between trigger and limit, would that exactly work as SL-M? or is there a chance that we lose more money compared to SL-M?
  2. Is there a way I can get 1st ASK price using kite api so that I can at least automate this exit process?

It should, but in some extreme cases it may not be traded if the gap up is quick and high.

You can ask this in kite forum itself.