Q-Backoffice > Reports > P&L

Q-Backoffice > Reports > P&L : I use these reports to evaluate weekly performance. I see three types… Absolute, Indicative & Challenge.

There are differences in three… Like…
Last Week: All Equity:
Absolute: Net Realized: 2060/-
Indicative: Net Realized: 2220/-
Challenge: Net Realized: -1248/-
(There are Unrealized profits, that’s OK, they are long term.)

I’m not sure which one to use. Can anybody suggest, which one to use for monitoring Weekly actual P&L.?

1 Like

I have answered this before

Btw, the challenge P&L is essentially the profitability from the start of 60 day challenge - only for trades executed within the time period.

OK, Nithin. I’m novice here… sorry for re-posting.

Regarding Equity, I got it. But, in case of F&O as it’s said in there, Indicative is to be used? Valid for overnight holdings too?

Regards,

In the link it’s stated…
"In a tax P&L after consulting with multiple CA’s who are experts in this field, all equity is calculated using absolute P&L, and all F&O (equity F&O, currency F&O, commodity F&O) is calculated based on indicative. "

I tried to compute like that… here it is for last four days, on daily basis…
Day/wk F&O(I) Equity(A) Gross - F&O(A)
Mon 2827 -633 2194 1277
Tue 63586 -524 65256 4624
Wed 28074 -4643 88687 10049
Thu -33604 1218 56301 -38496
Fri
Wk’s 56301 -4582 56301 -22546
(F&O-Indicative Equity-absolute)

If I find for four days together, it’s different.
F&O (indicative) : 2194 & Equity (absolute): -4582 (F&O Absolute: -27439)

Equity daily-basis & for four-days together tallies, but not for F&O… What could be the reason?

I’m looking for my daily P&L to evaluate my daily personal profitability.

Regards,

If you are looking for daily P&L, take indicative P&L for everyday. If you use absolute, sum of 4 individual days P&L may not be equal to total P&L for 4 days.

1 Like

Hello Nithin,

Hope, I’m not bothering you for silly things I don’t know. I may be wrong somewhere, but curious & learning.

Earlier I was computing Daily P&L from Contract Notes, but since when I started F&O it has become difficult, particularly since when I started ‘NORMAL’ & ‘MIS’ together for F&O. So, I was trying to compute using Q-back office.

But, Now I realize that, I’m trying to calculate my Daily P&L for Day’s MIS Trades… where as these P&Ls reflects my Short & Long Term P&Ls also. so I believe, this method isn’t correct. I should switch back to Contract Note’s method. Or Absolute P&L is OK?? (Looking at my last week’s results attached here…

Have A Great Week-End…

Ah, the Q P&L report wont’ differentiate MIS or NRML trades. It shows everything in one and it also follows FIFO if you have a position and you do intraday on it. If you want to differentiate like that, yeah Q doesn’t really have a report.

1 Like

Dear sir ,
I have stock holding in zerodha which is carried forward from one FY to another FY but the problem that I am getting is when I compute short term capital gains the value of brokerage and charges are showing in previous FY. Hereby increasing the cap gains. Because by default in tax pl there is no bifurcation on charges on intraday trades n short term n long term trades. Pls look into this matter.

@vanshikgupta the P&L you get from us for your reference. What you use while filing ITR can be edited by you. You can add/remove what you think is right.

Dear sir ,
How can I get the details of charges holding wise ? If I m doing trading as well as investment in same scrip I can’t get segregation of expenses which are deductible under income tax. Charges for short ,long term n intraday trades should be separated otherwise big problem …inflated capital gains.

Can I get trade wise excel sheet of charges …?

Currently not possible. But you will get this in the new Q. Currently all charges are displayed per day.

1 Like